GraphicDesign – Design Department
John Varvatos is a brand that occupies aunique place in the landscape of American design. It unites old world craftsmanship and refinedtailoring with modern innovations in textiles and a rock ‘n’ rollsensibility. Launched in 2000 with acollection of tailored clothing and sportswear, the brand now represents anentire lifestyle that includes belts, bags, footwear, eyewear, limited editionwatches, and fragrances, as well as the younger, edgier John Varvatos Star USAcollection.
The heartbeat of any brand is itspeople. The John Varvatos culture isfull of passion, creativity and rock ‘n’ roll! With many opportunities for growth and career development, we are acompany that has ambitious plans for growth, and each individual plays a vitalrole in achieving our goals. We recognize each individual’s contributions andtreat each other with dignity, respect and fairness.
Our Internship Program is a partnershipbetween the organization and students, designed to create a rather unique andrewarding experience. Internships offerstudents hands on experience in the work force, which complements theireducation. We are looking for highlymotivated, talented individuals that are anxious to gain working knowledge ofour industry and from every aspect of the business. It is our goal to place the right individualinto the right department, in turn, creating a mutually beneficial experienceto both the student and the Company.
Our Internship Program is available toenrolled college students in good academic standing. We offer internshipopportunities throughout the year, with our largest program in the summer.
The Graphic Design Intern will be workingdirectly under the Graphic Design Director. He/she will collaborate on a variety of menswear design projectsincluding graphic tees, packaging, trims, specialty projects, charityinitiatives and more as well as gaining a hands-on experience in a verticaldesign house. The selected candidate will be professional and a self-starterand will possess a high level of artistic creativity. This internship designates realresponsibility and ownership within a collaborative and creative environment.
We are looking for fun, outgoing, andintelligent individuals looking to strengthen and broaden their design skillswhile learning in a fun and fast-paced environment. This is very hands-on and a great environmentto work in- you will definitely see the ins and outs of how a design houseoperates while meeting new people and doing what you love… DESIGN!
· Graphic Artist for multi-level lifestyle menswear brand
· Handsketching flats, to-scale technical drawings, full fashion figures and detailsketches
· Design logos, cads, fashion prints, package design, graphic tees
· Assist in organizing material and artwork into system
· Creatingand maintaining presentation boards, quality cards and inspiration walls
· Workon seasonal color palettes, lab dips and color standards
· Attendfittings and update technical packages, sketches, and trim requests
· Take direction on projects and assist in artwork
· Provide a design perspective and point of view, be a team member
Department& Training Manager:
- Director of Graphic Design
Qualifications& Technical Skills:
· Preferably Junior status or above, with astrong portfolio displaying intern’s own work
· Graphic Design majors preferred
· Ability to draw/sketch preferred
· Knowledge of fashion/rock culture a majorplus
· Creative thinker
· Detail oriented and organized
· Efficient & professional
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
Wages & Hours:
Minimumwage, $15.00/hour. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM –6:00 PM. A minimum of 10 hours per weekis required.
In addition, all studentswill be asked to complete a brief project where they present on their learningexperience during the duration of the internship.
Onlycandidates who are eligible for school credit may be considered for the JohnVarvatos Internship Program. Please beadvised that candidates will be required to provide proof of school crediteligibility.
Yourapplication, resume and qualifications will be reviewed by the Human ResourcesDepartment. If you match therequirements for the position, the Human Resources Department will contact youdirectly. John Varvatos Enterprises,Inc. is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Thankyou for your interest and application – good luck!
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour