The Field Market Manager position is an account level sales position based in St. Louis, MO. This position will work with the Sales and Marketing teams to introduce Schlafly Beer into the St. Louis Metro area and will grow brand awareness and market share within his/her territory while meeting all standards of The Saint Louis Brewery. This person will need to be driven and goal oriented with a proven ability to plan, track, and execute key metrics. Must also possess excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently effectively, strong analytical and time management skills and represent The Saint Louis Brewery in a positive manner. Must have a minimum of two years' sales experience. Experience in the beer industry and consumer goods sales is strongly preferred. Must be willing to travel as needed and have open availability.
Distributor / Market Knowledge:
- Achieve the specified account goals as provided by the Sales Management Team within the key accounts.
- Achieve the standards set by The Saint Louis Brewery in order to attain the market leader status
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable with the key decision makers for each account
- Develop and update shared list of account contacts and productivity for region
- Manage and increase sales performance and brand awareness within the Saint Louis Distributor Partner.
- Perform weekly distributor calls with Sales Managers, Inventory Managers and other Key Distributor contacts.
- Manage St. Louis Key Off-Premise Chain Accounts. This includes daily and weekly account visits.
- Working with our National Accounts Manager on growing sales volume, distribution, brand awareness and market share within these accounts.
- Develop relationships with Distributor Sales Representatives and Supervisors to ensure accounts are effectively executed and maintained properly.
Internal Processes and Procedures:
- Possess knowledge of who the key people are at the distributor level
- Manage Inventory Levels with all assigned distributors.
- Knowledge of pricing for all products and units
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
- Develop and build relationships with the distributor to build sales in the region
- Know products and pricing of top seven craft and import beer competitors in region
- Full knowledge on internal processes and procedures
- POS orders
- Pulling and invoicing samples
- Scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty POS and large display
- Knowledge for handling distributor bill backs
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to Director of Sales.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Qualification Requirements
Bachelor's Degree preferred
Minimum of two years' sales experience required. Experience in the beer industry and consumer goods sales is preferred.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Exceptional knowledge of sales, marketing, and development processes as well as customer service principals and basic business principles.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications, (Microsoft) and company CRM systems.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or the business community in a professional manner.
- Should be an expert in forward thinking market research, and should possess problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan, track, and execute key metrics.
- Efficiently work under pressures, deadlines, and stretch extra hours to complete assigned task.
- Strong ability to work independently effectively