$12-$15 Per Hour DOE / 32 Hours per week plus benefits
The receptionist will be required to act in the capacity of providing public relations to all persons calling or appearing at the Fort Independence Reservation Tribal Office and provides clerical and technical support to the administration staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answer telephone and route calls using multi-line phone system.
2. Must drive to Post Office for daily mail pickup. All incoming and outgoing mail must be logged in an organized manner. All incoming mail must be properly sorted and e-mailed.
3. Maintain filing system for all documents, including yearly binders of all meeting minutes and financial reports, etc.
4. Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
5. Keep the lobby in an organized and clean manner.
6. Assist the Business Committee in organizing and preparing for set up of the General Council and
Committee meetings including the monthly mail out to Tribal members.
7. Coordination of the monthly calendar.
8. Maintain tribal and non-tribal contact information and addresses in both digital copies as well as mailing labels.
9. Must learn to write purchase orders, maintain P.O. log and become familiar with coding.
10. Assist tribal members as needed for tribal service programs.
11. Shall be responsible for ordering and keeping inventory of all supplies for tribal offices.
12. Process, mail and file incoming ICWA’s.
13. Maintain strict confidentiality of Tribal information.
14. Basic accounting knowledge.
15. Prepare monthly water billing statements.
16. Must be able to accept other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and/or GED.
- Must pass successfully pass the Alphabetical Filing System and Numeric Filing System Exam
(Given at the time of interview).
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs.
- Basic accounting experience and the ability to use quickbooks.
FORT INDEPENDENCE – RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION | 9/05/2019
- Operate and maintain office machines (copier, fax, postage meter, & laminator).
- Maintain confidentiality in the workplace.
- Efficiently work well with others and tribal staff.
- Valid California Driver’s License and the ability to be insurable.
- Required to comply with Ft. Independence Alcohol/Drug policy.
- CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. First round of applications will be reviewed Tuesday, March
To be considered for this position, please submit a signed and complete Fort Independence
Indian Reservation application (additional resume optional), proof of tribal enrollment if claiming Indian Preference, a copy of DD214 if claiming Veteran’s preference to:
Fort Independence Indian Reservation
Attn: Cheyenne Stone
P.O. BOX 67
Independence, CA 93526
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- 10 Key: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift