This executive administrative assistant reports to the Vice President of LMGA, Army and Special Operations Forces Programs, and provides a full range of administrative duties in support of the PS&E team’s activities as needed, including, but not limited to:
- Works complex calendar scheduling to ensure efficiency and optimal use of the VP’s and respective staff’s time; manages the VP’s schedule to de-conflict and help prioritize meetings based on mission and business needs.
- Works closely with internal/external staff assistants to schedule meetings and coordinate communication between Executives in a timely and efficient manner.
- Arranges air travel, hotels, and other transportation and travel needs for domestic and international travel. Prepares expense reports.
- Interfaces with internal executives and high-level customers. Partners and coordinates with the Govt Affairs’ Mission Area and Functional Administrative Teams.
- Ensures the VP is prepared for daily and weekly agendas by preparing meeting materials in collaboration with the PSE staff.
- Proactively collaborates with a highly motivated, team-oriented, and can-do spirit.
- Demonstrates initiative, discretion and tact in managing email, telephone calls and other requests. Ensures all correspondence is accurate, complete and properly handled.
- Utilizes computer and standard desktop software to access LM systems, compose correspondence, memos, reports, create spreadsheets and presentation charts; ensures finished documents are proofread.
- Assures administrative detail on all projects: updates and statuses delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines. Pursues opportunities to change or lean-out processes/approaches.
- Builds knowledge of the Govt Affairs organization and its goals and objectives, including a firm grasp of LMGA operations and business practices.
- Performs additional special assignments as required in support of the Govt Affairs Policy and Strategic Engagement staff and in support of the business rhythm.
- Experience with Lockheed Martin (LM) tools (Concur, STARS, Horizon, SAP, Visit LM, etc.), policies and procedures.
- Prior experience in government, government affairs, or political advocacy organizations.
- Internet research skills at an advanced level of administrative competency.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
- Budget management experience.
- Multi-tasks effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external customers, clients and vendors.
- Displays strong teamwork ethic.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to coordinate complex travel arrangements and logistical challenges and populate and reconcile expense reports.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion.
- Project planning/management skills and project coordination experience.
- Self-starter who can independently accomplish tasks; is proactive, flexible and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated proficiency in meeting technology such as VTC, Skype, audio and web conferencing.
- Performs with attention to detail.
- Recent and demonstrated experience in executive protocol and providing administrative support to Executive-level clients.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.