The cultivation assistant will collaborate with cultivation associates and the assistant cultivation manager in implementing the horticultural plan created by the cultivation manager. The health of the garden is the primary goal and responsibility of those in the cultivation department. Duties include the following: executing plans for fertilization, planting & harvesting. Within the cultivation assistant role there is a heavy emphasis on cleaning. The cultivation assistant is primarily responsible for cleaning, upkeep and sanitation of the cultivation facility. Including, but not limited to, breaking down and setting up rooms, washing and sanitizing equipment.
- Must stay current and adhere to all regulations and policies set forth by the State of Maine Medical Marijuana Program.
- Follows SOP’s and comply with all safety regulations.
- Learn and apply safe and effective commercial marijuana cultivation techniques.
- Consistently perform daily work in assigned cultivation rooms such as cloning, transplanting, pruning, plant training, and cleaning of cultivation rooms/work areas.
- Learn and use applicable trade tools such as PPM meters, computer software and basic garden techniques.
- Follow established nutrient program.
- Breakdown, clean and reload grow rooms post-harvest.
- Completes assigned duties within established time-frame.
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor or graduate studies in Horticulture, Agriculture, Botany, Biology
Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Excellent mathematic, language, and reasoning skills.
- Keen observation skills
- Detail oriented
- Works well both individually or as a team
- Follows protocol
- Able to adapt to new technology and procedure changes
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to bend, reach, and squat periodically
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work weekends
- Candidates must be over the age of 21
- Candidates must be a Maine resident with an active ID
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Horticulture: 2 years (Required)