Sight & Sound is an organization comprised of people with diverse talents coming together as one in Christ to tell His story through who we are and what we do. We foster a culture of love for God and love for others, trust and teamwork, and a collaborative environment in which we get to do our best work every day.
The Animal Trainer will assist with the instruction, training and maintenance of all animal behaviors.
Essential Duties and Responsabilities:
- Assist with providing training sessions for cast, handlers, and technicians on safe and effective animal handling and stage blocking.
- Keep accurate training logs for each animal to include training schedules, feeding information, and other details as appropriate.
- Train a variety of animals in multiple behaviors as desired by producing group and speaking into ways to enhance the production.
- Cover for shows when needed to lead or ride in costume.
- Assist in a variety of animal husbandry activities such as feeding, cleaning pens, washing, etc.
- Strong understanding of animal behaviors and procedures for training, with some equestrian experience preferred.
- High level of concern for the welfare of animals
- Ability to work well in a team atmosphere or alone as the needs of the job require.
- Patient, flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Good organizational, teaching and communication skills.
2 - 5 years: Animal Training Experience
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group