Work directly with clinical research staff managing financial aspects of the clinical research revenue cycle. Responsibilities include post award invoicing of industry sponsored grants and contracts, as well as monitoring and managing federal award encumbrances. The selected candidate will produce reports from within CTMS (Clinical Trial Management System) and other systems for management providing pertinent financial data. Other responsibilities include management of historical data in QuickBooks and various data logs utilized prior to the use of CTMS software, providing recommendations on how to improve the business cycle, anticipating inquiries from clinical staff, and all other relative responsibilities assigned by upper management.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage invoices for startups, milestones, per patient visits and administrative fees
- Applying payments received; and paying study related expenses and processing patient stipends and reimbursements in alignment with the Clinical Trial Agreement (CTA) and the Prospective Reimbursement Analysis (PRA).
- Manage finances within the CTMS including payment reconciliation and invoicing.
- Decipher clinical trial agreements with an added emphasis on contracts budgets.
- Produce reports such as forecasting, revenue, expenditures, aging, and financial activity.
- Ensure reimbursements are received in a timely manner.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 2 or more years of clinical research exposure
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and database management.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functioning teams.Other Skills/Abilities
- Preferred 5+ years of experience and/or equivalent competencies in pharmaceutical industry/clinical research.
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in business management/development, proposal development, contract analysis or other comparable combinations of education, training and experience.Medical billing experience
- Preferred experience with Clinical Conductor (CTMS software), GE Centricity (EMR Vendor), and/or other medical software programs.
- Intuit Quickbooks experience
Job Type: Full-time
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clinical Trial Management System: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business Management: 2 years (Required)
- Clinical Research: 2 years (Required)
- Raleigh, NC 27607 (Preferred)