Health Scholars is looking for a talented, driven, creative Technical Artist to help design and build the next generation of interactive VR educational training applications. The Ideal candidate would have demonstrable experience working with the Unity engine and 3D graphic art production pipelines. This role is for someone that not only has great technical production depth, but also has artistic chops and an interest in research and development of new tools and in engine features and content.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Standardize and improve development processes for production of assets, materials, shaders, LODs, asset streaming, collisions, and interactions.
· Collaborate with dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
· Assist artists and designers via tool development, concept testing of new ideas, and building of rapid prototypes.
· Partner with engineering team to understand, define, and manage project technical requirements and project asset production.
· 3 to 5+ years experience as a technical artist - or equivalent capacity - in 3D game development.
· Strong art skills with experience and deep understanding of modeling, texturing, animation, and VFX & lighting for games.
· Maya: in-depth knowledge, experience with the API (Python or C++), strong scripting skills in Python/PyMel.
· Unity Shaders: in-depth knowledge of real-time shader implementations, limitations of shaders in VR, strong understanding of PBR pipelines, and subsurface shaders.
· Strong understanding of asset integration in Unity including importing models, rigged characters and animations, sprites and textures, and audio. Ability to write tools to standardize and automate these processes.
· Specialty in one or more of the following highly desirable;
o Shader pipelines and Shader tools
o Character Rigging (Body and Facial) and Animation pipelines
o Art creation Art asset pipelines
Desired Skills / Experience
· Passion for playing and making VR and AR VFX productions.
· Proficient with profiling tools in the examination & diagnosis of performance issues.
· Interest and capacity to work with proprietary toolsets
· A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications
· Experience shipping multiple games or applications and have a good understanding of software development lifecycles.
· Understanding of Unity visual effects such as particle systems, VFX Graph, and post processing.
· Familiarity with the following Software: Motion Builder, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Photoshop,
· Experience with creating VR or AR games or applications
· Profiling and performance optimization of applications
· Experience with project tracking and version control tools
About Health Scholars
Our mission is to advance healthcare education through virtualization, making experience-based training scale-able, accessible and affordable to both Healthcare and Public Safety providers. Health Scholars is a cloud-based, Virtual Reality (VR)-ready clinical training platform with VR Simulations, Simulation Management, and Clinical Readiness Reporting solutions for the management, delivery and analysis of clinical training. Our VR simulations extend physical simulation beyond the simulation center, enabling repeatable practice of proper workflows as well as critical soft skills like communications, situational awareness and critical thinking.
Job Type: Full-time
- technical artist: 3 years (Required)
- 3D game development: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture