Cannabis Product Associate
Ethos Cannabis is a multi-state cannabis company with operations in the cultivation, processing and dispensing of cannabis in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Maryland and we are pursuing expansion opportunities. Our goal is to have a clear and compelling consumer-centric vision focused on helping individuals feel and live better through their experiences with cannabis. Our mission is supported by our relationship with Jefferson Health, a leading academic medical center in the U.S., dedicated to collecting and analyzing valuable real-world data and developing educational initiatives with a focus on patient outcomes and quality of life. Jefferson Health is our Academic Clinical Research Center partner for vertically integrated operations under development in Pennsylvania.
Our principals have significant experience investing in healthcare, consumer products, and regulated markets and have been actively focused on the cannabis industry since 2015. Our leadership at Ethos Cannabis have experience developing and leading a successful and respected cannabis operator in the U.S.
The full-time Product Associate will assist the Ethos management team with the activities and operations of the dispensary, while abiding by policies, procedures and operational guidelines. This role is responsible for assisting patients in selecting appropriate products for purchase, preparing orders, executing transactions, cash handling and customer service. Candidates must possess the ability to listen well and communicate effectively to the diverse Ethos patient base. We are building a strong ethical and team-oriented culture at Ethos and are looking for this position to be in step with this vision.
We are seeking a passionate, driven, and outgoing Cannabis Product Associates. Our ideal candidate has excellent communication and customer service skills to ensure that patients are well-informed and satisfied with their purchases. Previous cannabis retail experience is a plus but is not required.
- Adhere to the company mission statement and core values, while maintaining high ethical standards and professionalism
- Greet all patients in a warm, sincere, and helpful manner
- Provide an excellent customer experience while assisting in the sale of cannabis products
- Consistently deliver the ultimate customer experience in all facets from patient entry to exit; ensure each patient receives full attention during their transaction
- Maintain quality customer service by establishing and enforcing company standards and handling patient inquiries and complaints
- Provide outstanding, accurate customer service to patrons by answering or appropriately directing questions and concerns
- Guide patients throughout the sales floor within the dispensary, making product recommendations based on patient need and available products
- Assist patients with choosing the right products according to their ailments
- Ensure orders are fulfilled efficiently with 100% accuracy at all times
- Operate cash register, computer-based POS system, and cash drawer
- Adhere to company Standard Operating Procedures
- Verify patient allotment and ensure he/she is eligible to make purchases using the state system
- Maintain proper cash handling procedures at all times
- Maintain fully stocked and clean POS counters at all times
- Abide by-product handling procedures, including company safety and health policies as well as regulatory agency compliance
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of dispensary by stocking retail items and supplies, sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing
- Work as part of a team to ensure sales, patient satisfaction, and that compliance goals are met by designated timelines
- Ensure opening and closing cleaning and organization is completed
- Participate in periodic staff meetings
- Ensure POS counters are ready when dispensary opens
- Manage inbound phone inquiries and route calls accordingly
- Adhere to all Medical Cannabis laws
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with other team members
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities
- Read industry publications to keep up to date on trends
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Minimum of a high school degree required; college degree preferred
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Cannabis experience preferred
- Local applicants preferred
- Experience in a retail or customer service setting
- Superior customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Cash register experience with speed and accuracy
- Experience frequently interacting with customers, fulfilling customer requests and addressing customer issues, questions, or suggestions
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the workday. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Open availability/flexibility to work weekdays & weekends, including some holidays
Capabilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, formulations, extracts and other products on the market
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in computer usage, including retail point-of-sale software
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
- Due to state regulations, qualified candidates for this position must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass a fingerprinting background check – certain criminal convictions may disqualify candidates based on State medical marijuana licensing regulations
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds for a distance of 50 feet
- Must pass stringent State background test requirements
This position is classified as Non-Exempt, and therefore, will be eligible to receive overtime pay based on federal and state requirements. While there is no promise of overtime, it may be required either on a regular or periodic basis due to business necessity. Eligibility to work overtime will be determined in accordance with local site practice.
Ethos Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
All employees and customers are required to wear a mask, common surface areas are regularly cleaned and sanitized
- Based on state regulations to be a dispensary employee, are you at least 21 years or age?
- Are you available to work on a full-time basis that will include weekdays & weekends?