Performs day-to-day office and clerical functions associated with the receipt, preparation and data entry of loss and damage claims, maintaining departmental files, and preparation/distribution of reports. Collects and expedites all shipments which have been separated from the correct paperwork. Supplies the paperwork for those shipments and locates all freight which is not accounted for on the dock or in the yard.
General Duties And Responsibilities:
- Opens & distributes mail
- Maintains documents in addition to tracking freight and pickup requests
- Performs data entry for manifests, pickup requests, and post stop transit
- Investigates missing freight and bill errors
- Prepares and distributes general correspondence and reports
- Retrieves and sends faxes needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications And Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 6 months clerical/job related experience
- Must be proficient in data entry and 10 key
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to conduct basic office procedure including filing, answering phones, sending faxes, etc
About Central Freight Lines:
Central Freight Lines has a rich history of providing transportation to emerging businesses and Fortune 500 industry leaders since 1925. Central's Corporate Office has been located in Waco, Texas for over 93 years. Central Freight Lines has sustainability, financial strength and an infrastructure designed to intelligently support the logistical needs of North America's largest manufacturing, retail and distribution enterprises. Central Freight Lines continues to look for growth opportunities without losing our focus of consistent, reliable LTL service to our core area which is comprised of terminals ranging from East to the West. Our network supports warehousing, inventory control and distribution capabilities for those corporations looking to outsource their supply chain needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by Central Freight Lines are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and pre-employment drug screen (where required) in addition to MVR, PSP, and VOE's for driving/DOT related positions. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate's criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. Central Freight Lines will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.50 per hour
- Admin/Clerical : 1 year (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Only full-time employees eligible