This is Relief (per diem) working 8 hour varied shifts as needed
Provides full administrative support to the designated department. Ensures office functions/clerical functions are handled promptly and efficiently: answers incoming telephone calls; receives patients and visitors to the department, word processes, files, enters data into computers, and performs other office related duties. Responsible for greeting patients, answering multi-lined telephones, and may schedule appointments. Ensures all office equipment is maintained and used properly. Ensures equipment and work environment, including telephone system, meet the needs of the Department and recommends changes to management. Oversees maintenance of office equipment. Oversees office functions performed by volunteers and communicates status to management. Assists management in assigned projects. Serves as general information resource to department and visitors to the department.
Assists staff as needed, i.e., intake and uploading of new credentialing documents, input of data into database, sending and receiving of application packets links, filing, etc.
Monitors, on an ongoing basis, all expirables, such as physician medical licenses, DEA certificates, Furnishing license, Flurorscopy certificate, board certification and malpractice insurance, BLS, etc to ensure that current documentation is present in credentials files, expiry dates are updated and in compliance with policies, comments are maintained in the database, Coordinators are kept informed, and appropriate follow-up and documentation is maintained. Other expirables may be included as per policy.
Answers departmental main phone line and refers calls to appropriate staff. Attempts to problem solve customer's issue before forwarding on.
Processes medical staff verification requests from other health care entities and runs activity reports as needed.
Maintains departmental correspondence files.
Provides general clerical assistance as required by Director and Assistant Director including special project requests, such as maintenance of the Hospital Staff, PA Students, and School of Medicine, MedHub Reports and Assistance, Stanford Risk Claims requests, OHS Clearance requests, and monitoring LPCH Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation alerts.
7. Maintains confidentiality of documents and information.
8. Provides backup support for Medical Staff Administration Administrative Assistant as needed.
9. Receive and distribute departmental mail.
10. Scan and upload images to credentialing database as appropriate.
11. Provide support to customers concerning paperless credentialing database.
12. Primary source for ordering and maintaining department office/computer supplies.
13. Maintains database tables in accordance with policy, such as Address Standardization and Updates - Office/Hospital/Insurance.
14. Ensures email and fax accounts are managed and up to date daily. This includes but is not limited to the following: MedStaff Account Monitoring (general questions), Provider Updates Account Monitoring, Find a Physician emails, MSSD Fax, Expirables, and personal email account. Reply to PreCheck emails.
15. Maintains the accounting for the department and ensures the information is kept up to date, follow up is handled appropriately, and staff notified of the status on an ongoing basis. Accounting may include but is not limited to balancing P-Card, maintaining balances on needed verification websites, application fees, late fees, dues and fees check deposits, credit card deposits, etc
16. Facilitates and coordinates reporting of information various meetings, including but not limited to SHC and LPCH Ethics, HIMS, IDPC Credentialing Committees.
17. Establishes a system of committee support for all assigned Medical Staff committees, ensuring appropriate clerical support, development of consistent formats, maintenance of committee materials, etc. Ensures that meeting minutes accurately reflect the discussion and action at meetings. Completes meeting minutes upon completion of meeting in a timely manner. Equal Opportunity Employer Stanford Health Care (SHC) strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, SHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
High School Diploma required, Associates Degree Preferred
Minimum of five years' experience in high-level clerical areas, preferably in a healthcare environment preferably including experience with Medical Staff, Governing Board, and committee involvement, as well as regulatory standards as they apply to medical staff functions.
One year of Medical Staff Services Department experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
Ability to type minimum 65 wpm required.
Knowledge of computer applications and word processing required. (Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.)
Excellent organizational, inter-personal, and communication skills (both oral and written) are essential, including the ability to prepare accurate, and timely reports, meeting minutes, policies, etc.
Ability to interact with all levels of management and able to set priorities and manage multiple demands effectively.
Functions independently with excellent judgement and minimal supervision as well as the ability to function in a team capacity.
Discretion, confidentiality, tact, and the ability to deal with sensitive issues is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special physical demands are required. Telecommuting is allowed. May be required to attend on/off site meetings as required. Required to cover the office as directed.
RISK OF EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS
Category III: Tasks involve no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.