Note: For this job description, the term “Company” refers to Colorado Energy Management LLC.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/DESIRED
1. Ability to keep confidentialities.
2. Experience in a major accounting software package, such as Solomon.
3. Experience in accounting and financial operations.
4. Display a very high standard of personal integrity and ethical conduct.
5. Ability to work with a diverse staff in a fast paced environment.
6. Foster a spirit of team commitment and cooperation.
7. Respond to rapidly changing priorities-reprioritize quickly and appropriately.
8. Promotion of the group identity.
9. 4 year BS degree with emphasis in accounting required.
10. Valid driver’s license required.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Initiate and maintain confidential personnel files, including new hire orientations and other documentation
2. Maintain employee spreadsheets, including employee vacation time, sick time, disability and other insurances. Provide this information to employees as appropriate.
3. Interpret and explain personnel policies and procedures to employees.
4. Oversee all administrative activities for Hardin Generating Station.
5. Responsible to payroll services and additional accounting requests in cooperation with Controller and Human Resources Manager.
6. Coordinate remittance of payroll taxes, including 941, State, FUTA, SUTA, etc.
7. Perform Accounts Receivable functions.
8. Perform and coordinate General Ledger functions.
9. Coordinate efforts in response to outside audits.
10. Oversee and coordinate purchasing efforts under the direction of the Plant Manager.
11. Control and manage document retention programs, including Human Resources and O&M documents.
12. Compile and distribute monthly reports as directed by Controller and Plant Manager
13. Participate in planning plant social functions.
14. Obtain sufficient knowledge of the plant Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to properly initiate, record and report purchasing transitions.
15. Coordinate with Vice President – Finance and Accounting, Human Resources Manager and Controller as appropriate.
16. Additional responsibilities or projects as directed by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
17. Indirect supervision of Administrative Assistant and other support staff as assigned by the Plant Manager.
18. Other supervisory duties as may be assigned.
See separate file
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's license (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Retirement plan
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative