Cloud Manager – Cloud Manager – Technical - Consulting Practice Manager - Denver, CO OR Austin, TX-18000ZLO
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Cloud Manager – Technical
Denver, CO or Austin, TX
Organization Name North America Applications Consulting
Motivated? Like Challenges? Thrive in a collaborative environment?
How about a Consulting Career with Oracle?
About the Oracle Consulting Role
Oracle Consulting implements cloud-based business solutions for the largest, most prominent organizations in the world. This is an opportunity for you to have an impact on major businesses. The Oracle Cloud Hub Manager role is both a challenging and rewarding role that will test your interpersonal skills, strategic thinking capabilities, and manage an energetic team and follow-through on the delivery of solution.
Your Oracle experience will provide a unique focus on Oracle-based application and technology initiatives by combining leading expertise, broad coverage, global scale, and flexible delivery. Oracle Consulting functions as the focal point of customer relationships with Oracle product development, Oracle Support, Oracle University, and other related business and technology partners. For more information visit: http://oracle.com/consulting
The Program and Training
Launched in 2015, the Oracle Consulting Hub was developed to expand the Oracle Consulting team worldwide. Since that time over 150 team members have joined the organization and helped facilitate Oracle clients to successful solution launches. In 2018, we are continuing to expand our program. Are you looking for a role where you can grow professionally and accelerate your career?
As an Oracle Hub Manager you will work as a member of the Oracle Cloud Consulting team to solve business problems for prospective clients. You will uncover and understand client goals/challenges and align Oracle’s cloud portfolio to enable optimal solutions.
You will lead your assigned pillar’s Hub development program focused on building and mastering our junior resources consulting skills. You will create an exceptional onboarding experience for college graduates including but not limited to career coaching mentorship, and self-development opportunities.
Lead and Mentor People
- Oversee recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for area of responsibility. Execute on team hiring and training plans to support the practice strategy considering future demand, current team skills, and availability
- Communicate common and clear understanding of project and organizational goals and priorities to internal teams
- Implement operational policies and achieve business objectives
- Deliver on-time performance appraisals and career planning for direct reports
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with the leadership team to make our Hub’s a differentiator in the market.
- Confirm that new hires attain product certification, gain True Cloud Method (TCM) certification and have the skills and competencies to perform in their project roles.
- Confirm that resources deliver exceptional customer service, meeting and/or exceeding client expectations.
- Play a leadership role on an “anchor client” to help recover costs and remain relevant in the marketplace with a targeted chargeability of 75%.
- Minimum of 75% travel
Implement Solutions and Advise Our Clients
- Ability to deliver all of the following on a project is key to this role:
- Ability to architect a solution(s) and ensure that the solution is executed.
- Define technical implementation strategy
- Promote use of standard assets and methodologies
- Demonstrate strong Oracle Cloud application and industry knowledge.
- Responsible for leading collaboration between PM, Solution Architect, Functional , and customer teams
- Ability to lead end-to-end vision on data conversion migrations.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, architect, and supervise all activities related to the integration track.
- Build personal credibility and manage internal networks and relationships
- Establish and manage cross-functional processes to include sales, channels, consulting and customer success
- Act as Trusted Client Advisor
- Develop and apply soft skills necessary to promote ideas and insight that will improve our client’s organization
- Support development of innovative solutions that maximize the use of standard product capabilities to meet customer objectives
- Influence client adoption of Oracle Cloud Solutions & Services
- Cultivate referenceable clients
Other duties as assigned
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
This manager-level position is responsible for a segment within a given practice focused on a specific industry, service line, technology center, specialty area or region. Responsible for managing the three main pillars of a practice: people management, portfolio/delivery management and sales enablement. Has profit and loss responsibility or financial/expense management of practice.
Accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results of practice. Responsible for maintaining practice direction, ensuring quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer referenceability. Ensures that operational policies are followed and that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements. Develops plans to successfully implement operational policies and achieves business plan. Is accountable for managing and growing a revenue stream and customer base. Typically manages individual contributors. May serve as advisor for moderately complex engagements.
8+ years of experience relevant to this position including 4 years of consulting experience and 2 years of project management leadership experience. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Can lead, engage, mobilize and motivate multiple teams to accomplish goals. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the practice focus. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.