TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Sox Analyst, Documentation and QC
The Sox Analyst will be an important part of the SOX QC and Documentation Team supporting SOX compliance, documentation, and testing. This is a high impact role with the potential to have a significant impact on the company’s performance. This person will have SOX or control experience with strong skills in technical writing, process documentation, process mapping, quality assurance, and risk assessment. Communication skills will be key as the analyst will work closely with control and process owners as well as internal and external auditors.
The SOX Analyst will be responsible for:
- Evaluating, refining, creating, and documenting SOX controls, exception processes, and change processes
- Documenting processes, controls and risks using swim lanes, control maps, and data flows with tools such as Visio
- Applying structured QA/QC methodology to create appropriate testing procedures to ensure the SOX environment is functioning as designed throughout the year
- Assisting the SOX Advisory Team in the development of documentation for proposed process and system changes in the SOX control environment
- Understanding and communicating audit requirements, dates, agendas and feedback as they relate to controls, walkthroughs, or underlying processes
- Preparing and coaching control owners to execute walkthroughs with internal or external audit
- Attending SOX audits and supporting control owners throughout the audit process including assisting with any remediation documentation
- Constructing project timelines and deliverable plans
- Other projects and duties as required
- 25% travel
Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA or CIA a plus
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in external or internal audit or QC/documentation function
- Experience with process testing and analysis
- Support continuous improvement processes, analyzing problems and recommending actions for effective resolution
- Ability to identify financial risks and gaps that can impact SOX compliance
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Good MS Office Skills including Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Process and detail oriented
- Financial experience a plus
- Lean/Six Sigma a plus
TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.