Since 1973, Valley Forge Medical Center and Hospital has provided comprehensive treatment to adults with substance abuse and associated physical, social, and psychological disorders. Our 86-bed facility is located in Norristown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania on a spacious, serene, wooded campus.
We have an immediate need for full-time and part-time Mental Health Technicians.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Obtain health related information from newly admitted patients as indicated.
- Perform search for contraband items.
- Ensure patient and environmental safety per monitoring processes.
- Report significant findings: e.g., notable changes in patient’s physical or mental condition to licensed personnel.
- Under the direction of a licensed professional, assist in provision of care as indicated in the interdisciplinary treatment/ recovery plan.
- Closely monitor patient on special observational status; report and record behavioral changes.
- Assist patient with ADLs as needed.
- Collect, label and deliver laboratory specimens as directed per lab manual policies and procedures.
- Assist the licensed nurse in the implementation of the nursing process to patient care.
- Perform all duties in a cost-efficient manner by the judicious use of supplies and the safeguarding of equipment.
- Assist the licensed nurse with patient/family teaching as directed.
- Assist in orientation of new personnel.
- Know and comply with all confidentiality laws and regulations, e.g, HIPAA.*
- One-year experience in addictions or mental healthcare is preferred.
- High school diploma or recognized equivalent (GED) required. CNA, MA, or equivalent certification required. Undergraduate courses in healthcare related field or completion of one year in nursing school preferred. Current CPR certification, First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire.
Valley Forge Medical Center is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mental Health/Addiction: 2 years
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)or EMT or Medical Assistant