This is a temporary position of undetermined length.
As a member of the Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Human Resources team, this position is a critical enabler in the execution and application of Raytheon’s Human Resources processes, policies and practices and serves as the face of the HR function, building credibility throughout the organization. The HR Generalist will have responsibility for the execution of HR processes and activities for the Business Development and Communication functions. The person in this role will be asked to provide HR generalist support to Business Development and Communications functions. This will require someone that is driven by the opportunity to solve a wide variety of problems, implement creative solutions and have strong project management, excel and PowerPoint skills. The Generalist will be expected to support client groups with unique needs and require close partnerships with managers in order to support HR needs, provide guidance and counsel.
Execution of critical HR processes, including compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, talent development and workforce planning.
Ensures Talent Acquisition and Talent Development needs are met with appropriate and timely support and resources in collaboration with the HR team
Advocate and drive for the resolution of employee issues and concerns including internal investigations, corrective actions and coaching
Builds credible relationships with front and mid-level leaders through trust, collaboration and effective communication
Applies sound judgment to identify issues and prescribe HR solutions in ambiguous situations with confidence
Develops a reputation as a neutral and approachable HRG focused on employees, front and mid-level managers, senior leaders and the organization
Collaborates with the HR Business Partner, HR Operations Center, and Centers of Excellence to provide high-impact HR solutions
Serves as a trusted advisor to front, mid-level and senior leaders and employees.
Embraces and models Raytheon’s core values, integrity and accountability to further advance the organizational culture
Consistent application of Raytheon HR policies to mitigate risk and ensure equitable solutions
Apply service excellence concepts to the HR Generalist role and demonstrate key behaviors, actions and competencies that support everyday excellence.
- Minimum of 6 years of HR experience consisting of coaching and advising management and employees on organizational change, learning and development, performance management, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition, compensation, benefits and employee relations
- Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the HR strategic partnership in driving business results
- Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
- Solid HR fundamentals and broad-based experience in HR, including employee relations and knowledge and understanding of EEO laws, Affirmative Action and conflict resolution
- Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Demonstrated courage to appropriately push back in the Company’s best interest and to meet compliance requirements
- Ability to influence, advocate and lead change
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment, labor and compliance requirements
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization and handle high levels of confidentiality
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed environment
Prior HR Generalist experience
Working in a geographically dispersed environment
Previous aligned to a Business Development organization
Previous experience working for a government defense contractor
Experience using Success Factors or other Compensation Planning Tools
Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 120583BR 120583
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.