NYC Health + Hospitals/McKinney provides high quality short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care in a comfortable person-centered setting. The McKinney Team commit themselves to the delivery of compassionate, comprehensive services in manner that promotes the dignity and respect of our residents. Each resident has a qualified and caring team of physicians, nurses, dieticians, and therapists dedicated to his/her physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It is our goal to provide all residents with the best possible experience during their stay with us.
Seeking a Certified Occupational Therapist to work in a Nursing home located in Brooklyn, NY.
1. Assists in evaluation of the patient’s performance of the activities of daily living and degree of function.
2. Instructs disabled patients in activities of daily living such as washing, dressing, eating, and handling of such corrective devices as braces and wheel chairs.
3. Instructs patients in fine and applied arts and certain pre-vocational activities for mental and physical re-education.
4. Teaches therapeutic arts and crafts, including design in leather, metal, plastics, textile, and wood.
5. Assists in design and adapting of equipment and working-living environment, and fabricates splints.
6. Participates with supervisor in evaluation of and communication of patient’s progress to physician.
7. Assists supervisor in development of a written care plan for integration into a total care plan.
8. Assists supervisor in development of a maintenance program for other patient care personnel for follow-up purposes.
9. Assists supervisor in setting up programs for the guidance of families with handicapped or disabled members in the home.
10. Prepares work materials, maintains equipment, and requisitions supplies.
11. Keeps records and makes reports.
Current certification and registration with the New York State Education Department as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Occupational Therapy Assistant License (Required)