Financial Analyst II Reports To: TDX Holdings CFO
Exempt Date Updated: 5/15/18
TDX Corporate Office Companies Supported: TDX Corporation & All
The Financial Analyst II is the financial expert for TDX Holdings, reporting directly the CFO, with
additional financial collaboration with the Director of Finance & Accounting and
providing support for other TDX company Division Presidents as needed. The focus is on
strategic planning, budgeting, analysis, reporting & business cases.
- Directly report to the CFO for the purpose of assisting as needed to support the CFO’s
priorities and projects in process.
- Ongoing high level report generation and analysis in support of the CFO.
- Work under the CFO’s guidance and direction to create processes and models for evaluation of
complex financial decisions.
- Provide initial analysis and recommendations to the CFO regarding assigned projects.
- Risk analysis for individual projects all the way up to the corporation level.
- Assist the CFO in preparation of presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Assist the CFO in creation and ongoing review of the corporate budget process.
- Analyze the cash status of the corporation including detailed recommendations based upon the
- Coordinate with external accounting, tax, and other contractors or consultants as directed by
the CFO in order to prepare analysis of and recommendations regarding complex legal and accounting
- Enterprise valuations in support of CFO with regard to benchmarking internal entities or
potential external acquisitions.
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with the Analyst I position to provide support to the
corporation’s Division Presidents as the CFO may determine there is capacity to do so.
- Drive and coordinate annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting and monthly and weekly reporting
processes to deliver predictable financial results, early warning of potential gaps and
timely identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Prepare cash forecasting reports for short/long term planning purposes, based on information
provided by Director of Finance & Accounting, the CFO, and for company Presidents.
- Help Establish Provisional Indirect Cost Rates and Projected Overhead Pools for Power,
working closely with the Controllers.
- Review monthly or quarterly ETCs/WIP to assist in variance analysis & provide Presidents
information on jobs that are in trouble, working closely with the division specific controllers.
- Overhead monitoring, analysis and cost containment, working closely with the Presidents and
the division specific controllers.
- Partner with Group and/or Division Directors in operational departments to assist in
understanding key drivers and influence business decisions to improve revenue growth and
- Report, analyze, and monitor trends of key operational and financial performance indicators.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Communication of key financial and performance metrics, strategic plan and process
improvements to management team and employees.
- Contribute to presentations to Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors.
- Conduct business cases and ROI analysis for new projects, capital investments & new
acquisitions, working closely with the Presidents and the CFO.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Bachelor's degree — in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business. Masters Degree preferred.
2:1 experience for specified degrees may be substituted.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Accounting or finance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an analyst position
- Excellent financial accounting analysis capabilities.
- Experience in M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) analysis and potential acquisition due diligence.
- Required knowledge and expertise in Government Contracting, with specific knowledge of DCAA
and FAR requirements.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Strong ability to communicate and present complex financial matters in simple, understandable
- Ability to present complex financial data in a concise and professional manner, tailored to
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and accounting software, with Expert ability in MS Excel.
- Ability to work in a multi company environment with diverse lines of business.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to
perform the essential functions of this position.
- High level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment.
- Committed to achieving results under demanding deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills; synthesize complex or diverse
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates strong group
presentation skills and conducts productive meetings.
- Comfortable delegating work assignments; gives authority to work independently, sets
expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritizes and plans work activities,
uses time efficiently and develops realistic actions plans.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions
and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. The statements herein are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in
this position. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Bering Sea
Group. TDX is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer with an Alaska Native
Shareholder Hiring Preference (PL93-638). We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability or status as a
disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
Please submit an application by email to HR@TDXCorp.com , by fax to 907-278-2316 or in person to TDX
at 3601 C Street, Suite 1000, Anchorage, AK 99503. All applications must be received by COB May 29,