Are you someone who loves to clean and has a great attention to detail? Do you clean your home top to bottom when you have company coming? Are you a motivated go getter who strives for excellence? If this describes you, we want to hear from you. The Best Western Milwaukee West is looking for individuals to join our team as a Guest Room Attendant. You can apply via this posting, in person at the Front Desk of the Best Western Milwaukee West.
Wage dependent on experience and previous job tenure
Paid Time Off
Insurances: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability. Available on the 1st of the following month after hire.
Sign On Bonus:
$500 - $200 payable after 90 days of employment, $300 payable after 6 months of employment.
Cleans and prepares guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
- Maintains the hotel rooms and building to ensure a safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
- Sets up cleaning cart with supplies. Maintains carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilets and stall walls. Wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sinks and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest, or is soiled or torn, to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings.
- Strips bed of all linens and remakes with fresh linens.
- Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies (e.g., hangers, extra blankets, extra pillows).
- Vacuums rooms, public areas, and hallways.
- Inspects door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Checks lights and remotes to ensure all are in working order.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products, and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head, bending, and stooping to perform cleaning tasks.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and associates.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.00 to $10.00 /hour
- Hotel Housekeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- General Cleaning: 5 years (Preferred)