Our multi-family community in Columbus, OH currently has a full-time Construction / Senior Renovation Technician opening. We offer a best in class work environment, excellent growth opportunities, Blue Cross healthcare benefits, paid vacation, paid sick, paid holidays, 401k with match, and much more.
IRT (IRT - NYSE) is a fully integrated real estate company, currently managing over 15,000 multi-family units, in 17 markets. We’re anticipating tremendous growth and opportunity over the next few years. We strive to provide our residents the best place to live and our employees the best place to add value and reach new heights. IRT has a strong commitment to hiring the most talented industry professionals, which has resulted in record growth, making the Company one of the most respected and trusted within our industry. Our core beliefs as an organization include Empowerment; Optimism; Trust, Passion and Quality. We believe that greatness resides in everyone and all that’s needed to unleash it is to feel at home. Are you ready to join our team? To research us in more detail, visit www.irtliving.com.
- Update and improve multi-family properties to increase return on investment.
- Perform specific apartment renovation assignments.
- Keep Project Managers abreast of renovation project progress by providing regular updates.
- Perform and/or assist with carpentry work, painting, intermediate electrical and plumbing duties as required.
- Perform and/or assist with sub-contractor scheduling, supervision and quality control.
- Define scopes of work in support of sub-contractor and supplier sourcing and procurement initiatives.
- Create method and logic for scheduling.
- Maintain schedules and provide updates for multiple sub-contractors and self-performed work
- Create tracking methods for inventory management and control.
- Install new appliances, electrical fixtures, cabinetry, etc.
- Move appliances, furniture, cabinetry, etc., with assistance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience working in or supervising electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC projects and/or service.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs., and occasionally lift and carry up to 80 lbs. Ability push and pull appliance dolly up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to bend/stoop, climb stairs, kneels, balance, reach above shoulder height, walk and twist, have a reliable vision, hearing and speech with or without corrective devices such as glasses, hearing aid, etc.
- Professional appearance and ability to be courteous & helpful to residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Job Type: Full-time