The Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) leads the implementation and coordination of programs and services for individuals, families, and seniors at a 176-unit affordable housing community in Washington, D.C. This position is a part-time, 8-month grant-funded position. The RSC conducts needs assessments of the property and local community, and coordinates the delivery of programs and services to meet these needs. The RSC establishes partnerships with local service providers to deliver programs and services on-site in the properties’ community centers, or refers residents to services in the local community. The RSC is responsible for developing goals at the program site level and ensuring that reports and budgets (when appropriate) are completed and accurate. The RSC may be asked to assist with submissions of funding applications and monitor adherence to contractual agreements. The RSC will work in partnership with the property manager to assist with eviction prevention and to provide social services referrals to residents in order to meet their needs. The RSC is responsible for managing programmatic outcomes as directed by the Operation Pathways’ chief of staff and director of programs and services.
- Coordinate services for residents that support positive personal development and improve quality of life;
- Partner with residents as they work toward their individual goals and outcomes;
- Establish and maintain relationships with local service providers, schools, civic organizations, funding agencies, business partners and other community-based organizations;
- Manage site program budget, review monthly reports, and ensure accuracy in reporting;
- Collect, manage, report and analyze data, and ensure accuracy and consistency with established data collection standards;
- Analyze effectiveness of programs using collected data and determine site-specific program needs in addition to regular program offerings;
- Conduct pre- and post-assessments as needed for internal reporting and external reporting (directed by contractual agreements);
- Manage contracts for third parties providing programs on site under RSC’s purview;
- Provide monthly reports to Operation Pathways’ chief of staff;
- Participate in peer sharing calls, meetings with property managers, and meetings with members of the leadership team.
The RSC will help to connect residents with the following services related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Coordinate with local food banks, city agencies, and other special services for food and supplies distribution to combat loss of basic living needs to keep individuals healthy, productive, and job-ready;
- Assist residents in receiving unemployment benefits, and stimulus checks;
- Provide employment leads and application assistance;
- Work with older adults who are experiencing negative effects of social isolation;
- Work with internet service providers and residents to get or keep residents connected in order to access government programs, participate in online learning, and pursue job opportunities;
- Assist and work closely with Youngnificent to bring educational resources to parents who are home-schooling;
- Calling/video conferencing/meeting in-person with residents each day to assist in coordinated services;
- Continue to educate about COVID-19, safety precautions and the latest local government guidelines in place;
- Provide information about telehealth services available and how to connect with doctors to keep individuals healthy, productive and job-ready.
- Attendance and Dependability. The RSC can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is expected to complete assignments in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner.
- Communication and Contact. The RSC communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with organizational leaders, property management team, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the organization. The RSC also pays close attention to detail and follow-through.
- Relationships with Others. The RSC works effectively and relates well with others including residents, leadership team, colleagues, property managers, and individuals inside and outside the organization. The RSC exhibits a professional manner dealing with others and maintains constructive working relationships.
Operation Pathways provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees, contractors, and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Operation Pathways complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $22.00 per hour
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Why are you looking for a part-time position?
Hours per week: