Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1,700 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
At Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group, we are passionate about our mission to be the provider of choice of comprehensive financial management for participant-directed services in the public sector. Our vision is people exercising choice and control of publicly-funded long term services and supports. Established in 1999, we partner with state and local agencies in 24 states to provide financial management services for participant-directed programs. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed client expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference by supporting an innovative service model (learn more at www.publicpartnerships.com).
- Applies demonstrated project management skills to ensure project deliverables and expectations
are met on a daily basis.
- Remains current on all applicable tax withholding laws, regulations and requirements in each active
- Coordinate and administer multi-state payroll tax compliance.
- Calculate, document and validate tax files, remittances and ensure accurate settlement of daily tax
- Prepare regular payroll tax filings to IRS and state agencies, monthly, and quarterly.
- Maintain and execute work plan to produce accurate, timely year-end information for W-2 and
1099M, through data scrubbing.
- Perform special projects that are designed to explore ways to improve accuracy, efficiency and the
timeliness of timesheet data submission.
- Identify bank reconciliation discrepancies and work with finance staff to execute a solution.
- Perform support ticket transaction resolution tasks.
- Respond to incoming departmental support tickets to solve outstanding issues, within contract
- Manage tax notice response process.
- Account balancing for SUI, FUTA, FICA and SIT.
- Establish and maintain excellent communication with tax agency staff at local, state and federal
- Improve processes that will either eliminate or reduce tax notices.
- Prepare correspondence to address tax notices and other communications received from clients and
tax agencies to resolve outstanding issues.
- Will also perform User Acceptance Testing when need is identified.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team situation and autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Detailed and process improvement oriented
- Experience project management skills
- Working knowledge of balance sheets
- Excellent PC spreadsheet and database
- Ability to reconcile tax filings
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
1+ years progressive experience with automated financial operations center projects, 1+ years prior tax
and financial administration experience
EDUCATION and/or PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
College Degree Preferred; or equivalent work experience
1 year progressive experience with automated financial operations center projects
1-2 years prior tax and financial administration experience
Excellent project management
Working knowledge of balance sheets
Excellent PC spreadsheet and database skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to reconcile tax filings
Must have excellent accuracy and pay attention to detail
Must be highly organized, in order to successfully multitask
Must be process improvement oriented
Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
41 C.F.R. Section 60-741.44(a); 60-300.44(a)
Public Consulting Group, Inc. complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, which prohibits discrimination by Federal government contractors and subcontractors against individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action on behalf of qualified individuals with disabilities. Public Consulting Group, Inc. also complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), which prohibits employment discrimination against protected veterans by covered Federal contractors and subcontractors and requires each covered Federal contractor and subcontractor to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment these veterans.
If you have a disability or are a veteran covered by the program, please notify us by contacting a Human Resources representative. Submission of this information is voluntary, and your refusal to provide it will not cause you to be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination because you engage or may engage in any of the following activities:
1. Filing a complaint;
2. Assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance evaluation, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of Section 503 or VEVRAA or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities or protected veterans;
3. Opposing any act or practice made unlawful by Section 503 or VEVRAA or their implementing regulations or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for protected veterans or individuals with disabilities; or
4. Exercising any other right protected by VEVRAA or by Section 503 or their implementing regulations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
Public Consulting Group, Inc. pledges full support to the Affirmative Action Program and policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended, as well as applicable state and local laws, directives, and regulations. Public Consulting Group, Inc. recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status. We ensure that hiring and promotion decisions are in accord with equal employment opportunity principles by imposing only requirements that are job related and do not have an adverse impact, and that other employment decisions further the principle of equal employment opportunity. Public Consulting Group, Inc. ensures that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, return from layoff, and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to protected group status.
Equal opportunity can only be achieved through demonstrated leadership and aggressive implementation of a viable Affirmative Action Program. Our Affirmative Action Program sets forth specific affirmative action and equal employment opportunity responsibilities of managers, supervisors, and all employees. It is incumbent that employees not discriminate in any policy, practice, or procedure on the basis of protected group status. All employees are expected to make every reasonable effort to carry out their Affirmative Action Program responsibilities in spirit, as well as in letter, to assure that equal opportunity is available to all. We further expect all employees to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, all other employees and to demonstrate commitment to the Company’s equal employment opportunity and affirmative action objectives.
Administrative responsibility for this vital Affirmative Action Program, including regular monitoring and periodic reporting to top management, is delegated to EO Administrator Public Consulting Group, Inc.. This program is available for review upon request by any applicant or employee by contacting the EO Administrator during regular business hours.
William S. Mosakowski, President
Public Consulting Group, LLC