Position Located at our Downtown Buffalo Office on Elk St!**
A Customer Service Representative works under the direct supervision of the Customer Service Manager to deliver the highest level of quality service to our customers. Customer Service Representative receives and processes customer service inquiries and problems via phone or several virtual channels. Records account activity; problem solves customer concerns and coordinates selling efforts with sales team members.Working in established guidelines, this position is responsible for delivering superior customer service in a prompt, respectful and courteous manner to ensure concerns are resolved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Utilizes excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills to respond to incoming customer service inquiries via phone and email. Provides customer education regarding service options, charges, billing, and contracts that pay be standard or advanced.
- Fields customer service inquiries and transactions of a mid to high level of complexity for customers inclusive of:
- Communicates concise and accurate information.
- Confirms understanding of customer needs, issues, and requests.
- Serves as the customer’s advocate by solving problems on the customer’s behalf by engaging the right department and people within the company.
- Retains customers who call to cancel services by probing for cancellation reasons and offering alternatives
- Adheres to service and operational standards established for the call center, including quality, productivity, safety and timeliness goals. Effectively uses our business software tools
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
Experience: 2 – 3 years of Customer Service experience
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required**
- Basic use of the MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong keyboarding skills
- Professional email communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Good time management skills to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Positive and engaged attitude
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Reacts well under pressure and treat others with respect
- Work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team to ensure call standards.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities and helps build a positive team atmosphere
- Adapts and able to deal with frequent changes in the work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Call Center: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
Communication method(s) used: