Lionel is currently seeking a local app developer to be utilized as a resource for engineering projects. This is a contract position with long-term potential.
Even though Lionel was founded in 1900, the company operates much like a 21st-century start-up. Projects come with tight deadlines and changes need to be made on the fly. It is not at all uncommon to be juggling multiple projects at once, or even doing work outside of the Engineering Department’s typical responsibilities!
This position will be tasked with maintaining and creating APPs for smart devices. These APPs control our Bluetooth-equipped trains, layout controllers, and more!
· Design, build and maintain applications for the iOS platform that control BLE-equipped model trains
· Manage an off-shore team to replicate BLE-enabled APPs on the Android platform
· Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
· Collaborate with other departments to define, design, and ship new features
· Collaborate with other Engineers to integrate product systems into the applications
· Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering related degree
· 5+ years of software development experience
· 3+ years of experience with iOS, including Objective-C, Xcode, Swift
· Experience with BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) is a huge plus!
· Hands on experience with HTML5, CSS, XML
· Coursework in Object-Oriented programming languages (C++/Java, etc)
· Must have experience in Mac OS platform development
· A passion for technology and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
· Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
· Knack for benchmarking and optimization
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
Familiarity with continuous integration
Lionel LLC is an equal opportunity employer EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled
No recruiters or phone calls, please!
Job Type: Contract