The Training & Development Coordinator is responsible for the effective administration, coordination and presentation of Elmcroft’s Resident Services (direct care) training and development programs. This position is also responsible for assuring adequate and appropriate staffing of the community nursing department to meet the needs of the residents. This is a part-time position.
- Deficiency free state and/or federal surveys in the area of training demonstrating that associates have been trained per state requirements.
- Resident Satisfaction Survey levels meet or exceed company averages signifying that the training program promotes the delivery of quality care & services.
- Compliance of 100% with Elmcroft’s on-line training materials.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review completed nursing (direct care) candidate interview packets, containing application, resume and Profile results, provided by the Business Office Coordinator. Arrange nursing (direct care) candidate interviews by coordinating Leadership Team Member’s schedules.
- Assist with interviewing of prospective nursing (direct care) candidates as directed by RSD.
- Organize and facilitate New Associate Orientation utilizing Elmcroft’s New Associate Orientation schedule to ensure training compliance for all new and rehired associates.
- Participate in new hire orientation by presenting Resident Services material as outlined in the New Associate Orientation schedule.
- On-board new and rehired nursing (direct care) associates and administer Elmcroft’s Mentor Program for the nursing department.
- Partner with Resident Services Director to identify training needs for the nursing department.
- Ensure nursing (direct care) associates receive appropriate training necessary to perform their job responsibilities and provide the highest degree of quality care.
- Conduct or coordinate new and rehired nursing (direct care) associate job training and CPR training.
- Provide or coordinate ongoing hands-on clinical orientation and instruction to nursing(direct care) associates. Maintain training and in-service records on all nursing (direct care) associates.
- Develop Resident Services related in-service programs each calendar year which include State/Federal and Elmcroft Senior Living mandatory in-services.
- Plan, organize and direct Resident Services related monthly in-service programs in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the community.
- Ensure that the Resident Services training programs meet or exceed federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the community.
- Maintain a working knowledge of, monitor and oversee Elmcroft’s on-line training materials and website.
- Develop effective community communication to ensure associates are aware of upcoming training sessions.
- Participate in the “on-call’ program as directed by the RSD.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal regulatory training as required. Elmcroft Senior Living Training & Development Coordinator Job Description Revised June 2016
- Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
- High School Graduate. A minimum of two years full-time or equivalent general clinical experience required and a minimum of one year of clinical experience in Personal Care preferred.
- Prior experience in training preferred. Must have good organizational, communication and time management skills; demonstrated written and verbal skills; excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products; and the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment.
- LPN license preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
- Beaver Falls, PA 15010 (Required)
14 days ago
Job Type: Full-time