The Special/Executive Assistant works directly under the supervision of the President & CEO and is tasked with the responsibility of assisting the President & CEO with managing the daily operation of a busy administrative office. He/she serves as a gatekeeper and provides the support and resources necessary to carry out the chief executive officer’s responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages schedules and calendars for President/CEO
- Writes and types correspondence, reports and other documents using proper format as required by the President & CEO
- Coordinates expense report filing for the President& CEO.
- Performs awide variety of executive administrative duties.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail; reviews and evaluates mail to identify those items requiring priority attention of the President/CEO
- Screens and makes calls for the President & CEO
- Maintains files for the Executive Office including board files.
- Responsible also for supporting the COO as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Board of Directors Relations:
- Develops a positive working relationship with board members, management and staff.
- Coordinates Board and Executive Committee meetings; also attends these meetings and is responsible for taking minutes of the meetings and distributing copies to the board.
- Provides copies of board and executive committee minutes of the meetings to auditors at the end of the fiscal year.
- Updates Board Manuals on a quarterly basis to be used for new member orientation.
Internal/ External Relations & Resource Development:
- Represents the President/CEO to the public, funders, vendors, Board of Directors, and staff through professional face-to-face, telephonic, Internet, and other communications.
- Independently responds to letters and general correspondence of a routine and at times sensitive nature
- Acts as liaison between senior management, funders, and the office of the President.
- Plans and participates in public outreach activities related to community and governmental relations issues including serving in and/or leading collaborative efforts for legislative programs, civic engagement or other projects related to the organization mission.
- Serve as the point of contact for the input of data into the fundraising software system.
- Only applicants with strong, proven EA experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or education/experience equivalency.
- Minimum of five years administrative/office support experience, with administrative support of President & CEO or senior level management preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in grammar, editing, and proofreading; excellence in verbal and written communications
- Superior organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills; intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of office systems and processes
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills.
Please apply with a resume and references.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: 2-year degree
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $57,000.00 /year
- Administrative/Executive Director Support: 5 years (Required)