At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, advances human discovery and improves our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future while having fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Tactical Space Systems division has openings for a Manufacturing Manager 1 in our Dulles, Virginia Satellite Manufacturing Facility. This manager position reports functionally to the General Manager. This position is ideal for a technical lead with a solid track record looking to expand their understanding of the space industry and is on a path of leadership development.
The Manufacturing Manager 1 will be responsible for managing machinist, painters, and fabrication technicians. Includes day to day activities in training, safety, process improvements, and machine maintenance on the work center.
Additional tasks include:
Ability to relay and receive information, Able to collaborate in a team environment, Ability to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints, Able to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result, Able to provide direction to determine priorities to achieve goal, Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, and publications.
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience; Master's Degree with 4 years of experience in the manufacturing or similar field
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing or leading in a factory environment with fabrication and machining
- Strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Tools with the ability of scheduling day-to-day activities
What We Can Offer You:
- BS or advanced degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Welding Engineering/Welding Engineering Technology, Metallurgical/Materials Engineering or related Engineering discipline. MBA highly desirable
- Prior experience leading a manufacturing area or engineering group; demonstrated success in leading, collaborating and developing cross functional teams on complex technical projects
- Demonstrated experience of managing people and basic machining
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- And much, much more
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.