Via West Counselors work in a hands-on, fully immersive setting with participants in a one on one or three on one setting.
Sessions typically revolve around: Arts and crafts, cooking, outdoor activities, and other various fun activities.
These activities all take place in a camp setting in the scenic Cupertino Hills.
What we ask of you:
- Provide attentive supervision during assigned activities.
- Establish relationships with participants.
- Provide a positive role model for participants by exhibiting an upbeat, cooperative, and friendly attitude at all times.
- Help participants learn and follow rules to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Be a problem–solver, but ask for help when necessary.
- Be punctual, organized, and follow directions.
- Be able to assist and care for all of your participant's needs
- Be able to work long shifts
- Room and Board (While working)
- Possible tuition reimbursement
- Possible Commitment Bonus depending on sessions worked
Schedule: Weekends (2x a month), Saturdays (Example Schedule below)
- February 1-3, 2019 Chinese New Year Adults Ages 16+
- February 15-18, 2019 (Fri-Mon) Amazon Rainforest Adventure Kids, Teens, and Young Adults Ages 5-22
- March 8-10, 2019 Parks & Rec Kids, Teens, and Young Adults Ages 5-22
- March 22-24, 2019 Chopped Adults Ages 18+
- March 29-31, 2019 Via West In Space Kids, Teens, and Young Adults Ages 5-22
- April 5-7, 2019 Denim & Diamonds Adults Ages 18+
- April 12-14, 2019 Barnyard Bonanza Kids, Teens, and Young Adults Ages 5-22
- April 26-28, 2019 Altitude Kids, Teens, and Young Adults Ages 9-22
- May 3-5, 2019 Water Wonderland Kids, Teens, and Young Adults Ages 5-22
- May 17-19, 2019 Suite Life of Via West Adults Ages 18+
Full Schedule w/ details: http://viaservices.org/assets/images/uploads/misc/2018-2019_Fall_Winter_Spring_Registration_Brochure.pdf
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- At least 16 years of age.
- Willingness to work with people with developmental and physical disabilities.
- Flexible and caring
Job Type: Part-time
- Special Needs: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: