Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
This position manages the scheduling and rescheduling of intricate clinical and high profitable procedures which equate to 4000 surgeries annually, 2000 endoscopy cases, and 300 EP services. Performs functions of the Patient Advocate B by providing advanced level clerical and administrative support and coordinates the patient care activities for physician practice operations. Schedules and manages pre-operative testing and post-op appointments, as well as, manages the approval process for self- pay patients needing surgery and procedures. Incorrect scheduling and managing the reschedules impacts the organization finacially by resulting in the loss of cases. Reports into the Practice Administrator.
1. Coordinates and schedules appointments and obtains authorizations for testing, referrals, surgical procedures, hospital procedures, hospital admissions.
2. Reconciles money and financial reports for daily office deposit.
3. Coordinates and maintains physician schedules including; meetings, teaching, inpatient rounding.
4. Completes audits and assists with tracking and reporting of information as needed.
5. Schedules and re-schedules as needed, high-end procedures and/or surgeries.
6. Manages monthly/yearly schedules as related to Hospital block times and OR coordination.
7. Daily contact with Financial Clearance Department to assist patients with prior authorizations, self pay packages, and payments options.
8. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
MS Outlook, Excel, data entry, excellent communication (verbal and written), Medical office experience.
Medical procedure scheduling.
Danbury-111 Osborne Street
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.