Summary: Responsible for strategizing, producing and overseeing all community engagements and volunteer development for YWCA South Florida within the Development Department. This person will advance the work of YWCA South Florida in managing and establishing meaningful, enriching special events programming and volunteer activities in the community that increase awareness, raise funds, and recruits new audiences. Demonstrates leadership in community engagement, marketing, donor relations and volunteer management to meet the overall goals and objectives of YWCA and the Development Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Community Engagement & Marketing
- Ensures that the YWCA’s engagement strategy fully aligns and strengthens the agency’s relationships, mission, policy agenda, program investments, and partnerships
- Targets and cultivates new mission-aligned audiences
- Develops a menu of engagement strategies to grow the membership and donor base, to include social media, workshops, volunteer opportunities, collaborations, interactives, etc.
- Creates collateral materials to support the organization’s ability to raise unrestricted funds
- Leads in planning all logistical aspects of special events which include but are not limited to Young Professionals, Empower Her, Week Without Violence, Stand Against Racism, webinar/virtual events, donation drives, silent auctions, employee campaigns and/or any other events for the purpose of promoting the YWCA, our mission, vision, programs or priorities
- Coordinates successfully special event initiatives/community engagements, such as logistics, event staff and volunteer scheduling, manages contracts with event venues and vendors, corporate and individual solicitations, tracking of RSVPs, manages budgets for community special events and volunteer development.
- Oversees inventory needs for the Development department, including all events, volunteer engagements; assists with set-up and take-down activities and general wrap-up.
- Works with Sr. Development Director in the preparation and submission of all mailings, membership drives, reports and any necessary correspondence;
- Monitors the success of community engagement and marketing strategies and makes course corrections in order to meet the established goals in each area.
- Selects and procures sites for community events with priority to YWCA locations
- Establish partnerships with community leaders, agencies and companies for event collaborations and growing volunteer network
- Promotes events and works to ensure that they support the overall communication strategy of the organization.
- Develops invitations, evites, programs, posters, and ads as well as oversees printing and distribution of event materials
- Prepares newsletters and e-blast announcements and formats them for printed and electronic publication
- Strengthens the YWCA’s membership development program, increasing awareness of the YWCA within the community and grow the overall number of members.
Donor Relations & Volunteer Management
- Develops and facilitates positive and effective relationships with public, private, corporate, philanthropic, and nonprofit sector partners to advance the agency’s goals and build the image, including the YWCA’s current and future programs and initiatives
- Identifies new funding sources for the agency through corporate giving, foundations, and government entities; and manages information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current donors and members to enhance their relationship with YWCA and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Conducts research on businesses to request donated items and packages to continuously update auction master list and in-kind vendors list; as well as conducts research on individuals and community donors/sponsors to continuously update prospecting lists;
- Manages and maintains with accuracy Raiser’s Edge and spreadsheet database of donors; generates financial tracking reports, event solicitations, mailing lists and other related purposes, Creates distinct gift acknowledgement letters and request letters for use, and distributes accordingly; maintains and prepares hard files to include individual and donor files, solicitations, community resources, development and membership files; maintains and accurately processes pledge reminders and payments from donors and sponsors;
- Manages event revenues (pledges, sponsorships, and registrations) and expenses, coordinate post-event acknowledgements, Raisers Edge data management and final reconciliation of events to meet needs of Finance Department.
- Manages the Development department’s receipt and distribution of all in-kind donations; including responding to incoming inquiries via telephone, mail, or e-mail, ensuring proper organization of the monetary, in-donations, and tracking distribution of donations to YWCA staff and clients;
- Creates volunteer recruitment plan, and upon review and approval from Sr. Development Director, implements strategies to increase total volunteers; recruits, trains and supervises volunteers to staff YWCA events and help with department efforts
- Manages the development of an overall volunteer support program including tracking, training and communicating. This task includes staffing for special projects, campaigns, facility improvement initiatives, as well as any other event implemented to meet the needs of YWCA, staff and constituents;
- Leads and manages creation of monthly Volunteer Newsletter, with review and approval from Sr. Development Director, to maintain consistent communication and engagement with volunteers, including recognition of volunteers and announcement of upcoming volunteer opportunities
- Identifies new volunteer opportunities throughout organization to maintain volunteer needs on website, flyers, social media and newsletters
- Maintains and accurately processes financial accounts (receivable and payables) ensuring timely processing of invoices, PO’s, monetary documents, contracts, pledge reminders and payments;
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required to ensure the smooth running and efficiency of the Development Department and YWCA as a whole.
BA or BS Degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Philanthropic studies, or related field of study and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience preferably in a related non-profit environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of event planning, fundraising, and volunteer management preferred; and membership programs knowledge a plus.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondences, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Raisers Edge (Blackbaud), Zoom, as well as the ability to learn and manage other database management tools. Must be proficient in creating, managing, and developing reports for databases applications. Must have experience with creating marketing materials to promote events and programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,300.00 - $43,800.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Events Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Marketing Communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- Volunteer Management: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible