Small Business Development Center. The Business Consultant provides one-on-one business consulting and group business training to new and existing small businesses in Bulloch, Chatham and surrounding counties.
• Analyzes situations, makes recommendations and educates clients with regard to business plans, market feasibility, financial viability, operations management and legal structures.
• Directs clients to other appropriate sources of business information and assistance.
• Develops and delivers business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community served.
• Performs administrative responsibilities as assigned including documenting activities; assists in office operation to ensure client service and timely response to client inquiries.
• Serves as an advocate of business development, expansion and retention in the area.
• Engages in public relations activities such as speeches and presentations.
• Actively participates in the development and execution of sponsorship acquisition strategies in support of area office and state goals.
• Works collaboratively with private sector businesses and other economic development assistance units of the University System and other units of State Government to further the economic well-being of Georgia’s citizens.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?
Minimum Experience Required
Three or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date
Job Closing Date
Special Instructions Summary