To ensure successful application, please read the instructions for proper application found at the bottom of this job posting before you click "Apply".
The Director of Purchasing is responsible for coordination of Cooperative materials inventory activities and the purchasing of all materials, supplies, and equipment (office and field) following RUS and CFC requirements. As Director of Purchasing you are tasked with providing the most effective and efficient centralized purchasing by following the highest standards of professional conduct in all quotes, bids, and contract activities to maintain inventory levels and control.
Other essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the purchase of all line materials, uniforms, office supplies, and small tools.
- Purchasing all vehicles, construction equipment, and trailers, including but not limited to assisting in preparation of specifications and preparing and soliciting bids.
- Planning, coordinating, and supervising the operation of the warehouse function.
- Directing and evaluating the performance of all warehouse personnel.
- Determining the method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Reviewing requisitions and coordinating with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Coordinating vendor demonstrations with appropriate cooperative personnel.
- Reviewing bid proposals and negotiating contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Preparing purchase orders or bid requests and approving invoices for payment.
- Providing the Accounting Department with accurate records of all materials and supplies handled.
- Coordinating the disposal of scrap materials in accordance with the Cooperative’s policy.
You have sound knowledge of the RUS approved list of materials, uniform system of accounts, and construction specifications manual. You are a skilled negotiator and can obtain the best price with the best conditions for every item that is purchased. You possess a working knowledge of OSHA regulations as they relate to purchasing. You are adept at computer usage and fully comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Excel. Experience with NISC software is preferred, but not required. Must be able to follow instructions as provided either verbally or written.
- Associates Degree or demonstrated related experience in lieu of preferred level of education
- Five years or more experience in purchasing and/or inventory control is required.
- Familiarity with electric cooperative construction material units is preferred.
- Must meet the physical demands of the job including the ability to lift and move items over 25 pounds.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and follow directions.
At Southside Electric Cooperative our Members are our priority, therefore, our field team are first responders when the lights go out. At Headquarters, it’s up to us to make sure they have exceptional support while they are working long hours in crisis situations. While it doesn’t happen often, we are always ready to roll up our sleeves and pitch in when it’s all hands-on deck, therefore, in emergency situations, you must be able to report to work whenever needed regardless of weather conditions, day, or time of day.
Selected candidate must reside, or be willing to relocate to, within 60 minutes legal driving time to our headquarters office in Crewe, Virginia. Relocation assistance is available to fully qualified candidates with experience in an electric cooperative environment.
HOW TO APPLY
- In order to be considered, job seekers must follow the detailed instructions for application provided on our website at SEC.coop/careers.
- You will not be contacted or considered until you have completed the application process as directed on our website.
- All completed SEC Applications for Employment (found at sec.coop/careers) must be received by 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on Friday, March 1, 2019.
- Clicking "Apply" through this or any job posting board does NOT meet the requirements for application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, or disability.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $78,000.00 to $82,000.00 /year
- Negotiation: 2 years (Required)
- Inventory Control: 5 years (Required)
- Electric Cooperative Construction Material Units: 2 years (Preferred)
- OSHA regulations regarding purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 5 years (Required)
- NISC Software: 1 year (Preferred)
- RUS approved list of materials, uniform system of accounts,: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office including Excel: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (fluent) (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
This job will require you to pass a background check: