- High School Diploma or GED
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Represents Hotel to arriving / departing guests. Acknowledges, Welcomes and departs all guests/visitors by escorting them to appropriate areas / personnel in the lobby area.
Greets and Recognizes arrivals and departures of repeat guests and VIPs. Make them feel as if they are at home by extending warm and sincere welcomes with personalized approach.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
o Daily arrivals and departures of repeat guests and VIPs, their expected arrival/departure times
o Daily scheduled daily activities
o Feature and services provided by Hotel
o Hours of operation of each outlet
- Assist guests and visitors in and out of Hotel Lobby by opening the Hotel front entrance doors and escorting them to appropriate areas.
- Warmly and sincerely greet arriving guests / visitors, bid farewell to departing guests or visitors.
- Acknowledge and recognize repeat guests and VIPs arriving and provide professional and warm welcome using their names.
- Anticipate and acknowledge repeat guests and VIPs departing and provide professional and fond farewell using their names.
- Escort each arriving guest from the front entrance area to the front desk. Assist guests with luggage while escorting when desired.
- Obtain each arriving guest’s name and introduce him/her to the front desk agent ready to assist him/her with check-in, using the names of the guest and the front desk agent.
- Escort each departing guest from the front desk or Lobby to the Hotel front entrance area.
- Obtain each departing guest’s name and introduce him/her to the doorman (or valet-parking attendant when a doorman is not available) ready to assist him/her with departure, using the names of the guest and the front desk agent.
- Record and maintain knowledge of guest preferences and interests, especially our repeat guests and VIPs. Endure it is reflected in every stay with us by working closely with Guest Recognition.
- Handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedure and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Remain in assigned post position, maintaining correct stance.
- Successfully complete the training / certification process.
- Makes sure AAA standards are fulfilled
- Assist Bell staff with storing and retrieving stored luggage for guests / visitors.
- Assist Concierge staff with guest requests and services whenever possible.
- Assist Bell Captain (Coordinator) by answering a phone call according to our telephone etiquette whenever necessary.
- Periods of standing exceeding 50% of shifts are required.
- Ability to lift, reach, bend, stoop, stand and walk continuously, climb stairs, and push or pull heavy equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds including pushing and pulling on a daily basis.
- Considerable repetitive motion of hands and wrists as relates to the use of computer keyboards is possible.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to accurately understand guest inquiries and provide responses.
- Ability to focus attention on guests’ needs and wishes.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Ability to think promptly and make appropriate judgments.
- Ability to work well under pressure of arrivals and departures of guests and visitors.
- Ability to exert physical effort in opening Hotel Entrance doors and assisting guests with luggage while escorting them in the Hotel Front Entrance and Lobby areas.
- Ability to remain stationary at assigned post.
- Ability to maintain positive relations and work cohesively with co-workers and management as part of a team.
- Ability to build professional relationships with repeat guests by remembering their names, recognizing them, knowing their individual interests, preferences, needs and wishes.
- Ability to proactively anticipate and comply with guests’ needs and wishes.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- Experience in hospitality industry in a similar position.
- Previous guest relations training and/or experience preferred.
Terms of employment
. Full time