JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Organize and assimilate pathology case materials and paperwork
- Documents receipt of materials in Access database, updating information as pre-accession actions are taken.
- Perform a thorough review of all associated paperwork (ie outside pathology report, outside billing information, request report translations as needed for international cases, in-house clinician orders for testing, commercial laboratory requisition, etc).
- Determine additional materials, information or reports needed for processing and initiate action to request/obtain.
- Compare materials/documents received against information in HIS, initiating communication to PAS to resolve discrepancies or to initiate financial clearance for marker testing.
Determine pathology subspecialty of case materials and document all accessioning or case processing actions in LIS
- Analyze and interpret internal and external path reports to determine the appropriate subspecialty service to process the biomarker/protocol or diagnostic review request.
- Checks selected information after pathologist review for biomarkers or after initial case accession for diagnostic review.
- Accurately documents selected specimen and other details for biomarker testing.
- Accurately documents receipt of outside materials and counts for dx review.
- Provides feedback to faculty and ordering clinicians through emails as necessary.
Provide high quality customer service via email and/or telephone
- Interacts appropriately with customers, both internal and external, for different purposes to perform assigned tasks.
- Communicates effectively through written and oral communication, in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility.
Monitor worklists or queues to facilitate transfer to respective next departmental action
- Periodically review assigned pending cases to assure compliance with expected turn around time expectations for completion of task.
- Document transfer of materials no longer needed for testing or diagnostic review to the Pathology File Room for archiving or return to home facility.
High school diploma or equivalent. Five years of general office or administrative experience. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
US Dollar (USD) 33,200
US Dollar (USD) 41,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 49,800