Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more including a Generous sign on bonus!!!
This position is responsible for providing a wide variety of activities including but not limited to: initiating patient intakes; scheduling appointments; performing insurance screening and verification/authorization processes; patient registration; handling a high volume of customer calls/inquiries; entering patient charges; responding to medical records requests and billing inquiries; preparing reports; maintenance of department records.
- Communicates all pertinent information to patient/customer at initial and subsequent contacts.
Answers incoming department calls within three rings. Fields department call volume: asks appropriate questions to screen calls, relays accurate information to caller, takes appropriate action.
- Monitors voicemail and initiates appropriate follow-up. Relays messages to staff per department guidelines.
- Obtain and document all pertinent information for scheduling intake to facilitate effective insurance verification, scheduling and registration processes.
- Verifies insurance on all new referrals and screens appropriately for department specific needs.
Documents all interactions with insurance representatives, patients/customers and interested parties.
- Pursues, researches and relays any discrepancies to insurance company representatives, patients and appropriate supervisors.
- Compiles statistical information as needed per department needs. Prints daily scheduling reports. Forwards reports to referral sources documenting accurate information.
Follows department procedures for initiating required authorizations for services and verifying receipt of authorizations.
- Pre-registers patients per department guidelines. Obtains insurance cards, prescriptions, insurance referrals along with other required registration forms.
- Updates, revises and enters all information in registration system. Obtains patient signatures on all registration paperwork.
- Informs patient of co-payment/payment responsibilities and collects payment.
- Compiles new patient chart including department forms.
Schedules, re-schedules, coordinates and prioritizes scheduling of multiple service needs. Updates schedules per department guidelines.
Advises patient/customer of department guidelines related to scheduling, registration, cancellations and late arrivals.
Completes all scheduling processes prior to patient's first visit and assures that all involved parties have necessary information.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum of 1 year related work experience in a physician practice, hospital setting or directly related customer service setting.
Good organizational skills; ability to set priorities effectively.
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills; and ability to accept direction and perform multiple tasks.