The Deli Associate is passionate about enmarket’s food and beverage services and provides support to the store management team in meeting operational, sales and profitability objectives. This position will serve our customer’s needs by being well trained, friendly and responsive while following company procedures and policies. They greet and thank our customers on each visit and service our customers in a fast and friendly manner. The Deli Associate will provide excellent customer service and assist in maintaining clean and sanitary kitchen and deli areas, upholding the enmarket customer service and cleanliness standards at the store.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports for work at scheduled time, with a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Greet every customer and provide prompt and courteous customer service.
- Assist customers with orders, including conducting a quality check to ensure customers’ orders are correct and upselling each customer.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of food service cleanliness and sanitation, food quality, and food and equipment safety by following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensure all fresh products, cases, condiments, flatware and napkins are adequately stocked throughout shift.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and communicate needs to Deli Lead and store management.
- Follow the correct vendor check-in procedures as defined in the operations manual and trained by manager.
- Monitor and log refrigerator temperatures every 3 hours and report any issues to Deli Lead and store management team.
- Complete all shift duties and reports accurately, neatly and timely to meet company standards.
- Responsible for following all company policies, rules and procedures.
- Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation with customers and fellow employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a customer-centric, friendly, service attitude.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without breaks
- Ability to perform basic math functions (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, percentages); understanding volume, pounds, etc.is required.
- Ability to stoop, bend, stretch, reach, stack, and lift inventory weighing up to 40 pounds to stock, inventory, and sell merchandise and keep the kiosk/store/station/lot clean.
- Ability to hear, understand, and respond to requests and to communicate information clearly using the English language.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to cooperate and get along with co-workers.
The General Manager and Assistant General Manager
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.