Senior Payments Software Developer – Backend Payments Expert
Company is an established and fast-growing financial technology and payment processing publicly traded company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with offices across the country. COMPANY offers a comprehensive suite of electronic payment solutions including debit and credit card processing, ACH processing and electronic bill payment systems with full IVR, text and mobile capabilities.
COMPANY gives its customers the ability to accept a payment anytime, anywhere, and through any channel while providing a secure, seamless, and enjoyable payment experience. The scalability of its products allows merchants of all sizes to add an instant arsenal of intelligent payment technology solutions to their businesses without large development costs or infrastructure investments.
COMPANY is growing and looking for an experienced Senior Developer with extensive Acquiring payments processing solutions and application development experience (C#, .NET) to be part of our Agile and growing software development team in expanding our core payment processing platform and products within the Consumer Finance industry. As part of a small team, you will be considered a subject matter expert and have an immediate and measurable impact on our fast-growing business by helping us reach the next level and stage of growth. We work hard, but we have lots of fun doing it. If a cool, collaborative, and challenging work environment sounds appealing, you’ll fit right in.
COMPANY’s .NET Tech Stack:
- Web API 2 on .NET 4.7 with Entity Framework, SQL Server, and IIS
- Hosted applications on AWS, utilizing many cloud services (SNS, Lambda, etc.)
- React front-end
- CI/CD with Jenkins
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing and supporting code at high level, working with not just the gateway and products, but working behind the gateway connecting/integrating data to and from the Card Networks (Visa/MC)
- Building and enhancing our core API, user interfaces, and backend acquiring processing systems via new greenfield development
- Developing high performance and reusable software with excellent test coverage
- Participate in the solutions and design of our core products
- Evaluating existing and new technologies, ensuring our applications utilize industry best practices
- Supporting the operations team in order to provide the best uptime and service quality
- Developing and deploying to cloud-based technology (AWS)
- Occasional travel to Tempe, AZ for remote employees
Skills & Requirements
- REQUIRED - Minimum 3 years of demonstrated Acquiring payments processing experience (specifically backend payments knowledge AND backend software knowledge)
- REQUIRED - Experience with the following: ISO 8583; MasterCard IPM Format; Visa Base I; Visa Base II; and/or Visa Edit Package.
- REQUIRED - Experience with calculating interchange rates.
- REQUIRED - Experience with Settlement Accounting – Money flow.
- REQUIRED - Experience with interpreting card brand release documents and assess system impact.
- REQUIRED – Have an understanding of chargebacks and dispute processing.
- Preferred - Experience working with C# and .NET
- Preferred - Experience with SQL Server and database design
- Preferred - Knowledge of automated testing toolsets and methodologies
- Preferred - Experience with building highly available systems
- Preferred - Familiarity with PCI compliance
- Preferred - Strong understanding of application security
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US as either a US citizen or a green card holder. Company is unable to sponsor VISAs at this time, but will consider those candidates for Contractor roles.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated build tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with AWS
- Good understanding of payments processing and/or developing payments products
Here’s why you should work for them:
- Access to online learning platforms like PluralSight, Udemy, AskLynda.
- Encourage continuing education including professional conferences and events
- Monthly social events including LAN Parties and Happy Hours
- Flexible schedule/work from home
- Employee Bonus Program
- COMPANY has been recognized for the past three years as one of the 40 fastest-growing companies in Georgia!
- COMPANY has been named by FORTUNE® magazine as one of the Top 50 “Best Small Workplaces in America” for 2017!
- COMPANY was ranked again for the ninth straight year in a row on the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies for 2019
- COMPANY has also been certified as a Great Places to Work company for 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020!
Why Join Their Technology Team?
- Growing ~ We are the industry-leading, financial-technology provider in the consumer finance space and continue to set the standard for application development and delivery.
- Awesome Work Environment ~ Casual dress, great snacks and beverages, open-air collaborative team setting.
- Great teaming and Work-Life-Balance ~ The team is fun, smart, and collaborative. We truly enjoy working together. We are all self-driven, motivated professionals that do not require micro-management to make sure we honor our work and project commitments.
- Leadership Support ~ The founders and leadership team “get” and recognize both individual and team performance.
- Difficult Problems to Solve ~ We create highly sophisticated payment processing applications and are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible on the web, with mobile, SMS, and IVR applications in support of alternative payment channels. We are working on extensive new product and feature development.
- Innovation and Ideas ~ We constantly listen to clients and employees to find the best ideas, and we provide the resources necessary to ensure those priorities are implemented quickly.
Job Type: Full-time
- .NET: 1 year (Preferred)
- Backend Payments: 2 years (Required)
- Backend Payments Software: 2 years (Required)
- C#: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calculating Interchange Rates: 1 year (Required)
- Electronic Payments: 3 years (Required)
- ISO8583: 1 year (Required)
- MasterCard IPM Format: 1 year (Required)
- Visa Base I and II: 1 year (Required)
- Visa Edit Package: 1 year (Required)
- What ELECTRONIC PAYMENT companies (not just financial services or banking companies) have you worked for? What titles did you hold at these companies?