***MERAKEY offers all full-time associates, a full benefits package including: health, dental, eye plan, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and much more. This position includes on-call pay and a generous travel stipend in addition to benefits package.***
Merakey is currently seeking an Employment Specialist to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division in our Lake Charles, LA location.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey,formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
Provides vocational education, assessment, support, liaison services for adults with serious mental illness in order to place and maintain these individuals in competitive employment in the community.
- Coordinate Vocational services for all individuals served by the F/ACT team.
- Assist individuals in the securing gainful employment
- Provide education and assistance to individuals with job applications, preparing for job interviews
- Perform vocational assessment
- Assist individuals to obtain education necessary for employment
- Act as a liaison with stakeholders
- Develop a relationship with employers
- Develop network of employers willing to work with those with SPMI
- Educate and support individual's families and advocate for individual's rights and preferences.
- Attend vocational related meetings in the community
Rate of pay:
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or Counseling is required.
- 1 to 3 years experience working with individuals in employment setting
- Valid driver's license
- 1 year clinical experience working with adults with severe mental illness
$16.00/ hour + $6,750 Annual Travel Stipend
Check us out online at http://www.merakey.org.
Click on Careers under Career Opportunities
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or Counseling is required.; 1 to 3 years exp working with individuals in employment setting; valid driver's license
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled