Fastly helps the world's most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times and Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We're building a better Internet. Come join us.
Finance Systems (NetSuite) Architect
We're looking for a NetSuite Administrator to join our team responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our business systems infrastructure. We run the systems that encompass the entire buyer's journey from initial lead through marketing, sales, renewal, accounting, customer success and advocacy using tools including Eloqua, Salesforce, Aria, NetSuite (both sales and cost sides), and Zendesk. You have a consistent track record of solving business problems and implementing them in NetSuite and its peripheral systems in a fun and fast-paced environment. This role reports to the Director, Business Systems and will be based in San Francisco, CA.
What You'll Do
- As our primary NetSuite authority, you'll develop, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, third party applications and new NetSuite functionality based on evolving business needs.
- Implementation and maintenance of system integrations with our other business systems including Coupa, Concur Expense, Concur Travel, Blackline, Aria, Shareworks, Expensify, eGencia, UltiPro, and homegrown systems.
- Partner with users, department managers and engineers to identify, plan, implement, document, and maintain process and system enhancements.
- Simplify, enhance, and modernize existing features with the goal of reducing our time to close.
- Drive testing and validation of systems configuration and development.
- Lead Release Preview business process testing for ongoing NetSuite upgrades
- Translate user stories into creative and effective technical designs.
- Monitor performance and scalability and refactor existing sub-optimal features.
- Improve the overall quality and completeness of documentation.
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years experience with NetSuite administration, configuration, and 3rd party integrations in complex environments
- Administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions, custom objects, scripting, workflows, reports and dashboards
- Working knowledge of SuiteScript, SuiteFlows, Web Services/SuiteTalk, user provisioning, defining roles, analytics and scheduling scripts.
- Strong business process knowledge in areas including procure to pay, order to cash and record to report.
- Working experience with multi-entity environments.
- Prior experience in a SaaS or usage/consumption-based business preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, communicate delays, and clarify ambiguous requirements.
- Exceptional communicator, solid attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A history of optimizing processes and technology in order to reduce time to close
- Experience working with one or more of the following: Concur Expense, Coupa, Expensify, Blackline, Aria, Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, Concur Travel, UltiPro, Shareworks, eGencia
- Experience in both a private and public company, and/or working to take a company public
- Familiarity with or experience implementing SOX controls or other regulatory/compliance initiatives such as ASC 606 requirements.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers ( https://www.fastly.com/customers ) have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives ( https://www.fastly.com/open-source/ ). Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly's home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we're not 'one size fits all'. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We're always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.