Do you excel in driving a product's success both upstream and downstream? Are you a dynamic team leader that thinks out of the box with experience in healthcare marketing? If so, Stryker Spine is looking for you!
In this role you will develop and direct marketing programs for a product or product category in our Spine Division's Posterior Lumbar portfolio. You will compile and evaluate research on the market's product requirements and identify enhancements to current features and functionality. Establish marketing strategies, including product direction, advertising, packaging, pricing, expense budgets, profit plans and future product development, to manage a product or product category's life cycle. Interface with engineers, designers, suppliers and customers to develop product requirements and specifications. Prepare and coordinate product introductions and updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to the family of spinal products and procedures.
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to project team. Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing and quality) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs market analysis and product strategy development.
- Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Produce competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key spine / neuro surgeons.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Manages the development stage of the product life cycle. Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels. Plan and manage trade show activities.
What You Will Need
Work From Home:
- BA or BS; MBA preferred. Marketing concentration a plus
- 3-5 years sales and/or Product Management experience in orthopedics
- Spine experience a major plus
- Marketing/product management experience essential (added with medical device sales is a plus)
- Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills are essential
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.