Full-timeEstimated: $57,000 - $74,000 a year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Research Experience
- Operating Systems
Full Job Description
The Composer / Sound Designer shall be responsible for meeting all the audio needs for various gaming projects, while adhering to the project requirements and the efficient operation of the department. This role will work in the office and closely with the Producer and VP of Game Design.
The Composer / Sound Designer shall participate in the full development cycle from design to implementation. This responsibility includes creating music, recording dialog, editing and designing sound effects on new development initiatives, and mixing and mastering the final product for release into the field.
- Creating and recording new sound effects, music, and other audio both for generic use in our own library and for each title in the concept stage.
- Work with the Art Lead, project coordinator and Game Designer to identify elements that need to be designed or recorded, including dialog.
- Record, edit or compose musical arrangements that best reflects both the project and the specific theme.
- Record and/or edit sound effects to meet the projects requirements.
- Record dialog when necessary.
- Synchronize sound elements to visuals for the purpose of assessing the products overall viability.
- Working with the team to solidify the dialog and other sound elements.
- Work with animators to synchronize sound to animated content.
- Work with developers to finalize audio content for title release.
- Work with the technical artists to track both source and final material.
- Review of various products builds from first to final to asses any possible audio defects.
- Assess and resolve any audio issues using a defect tracking system.
- Create documentation that outlines the projects audio as it relates to the projects graphics and behavior.
- Will provide the appropriate documentation for each piece of software released out of development.
- Provide and outline research to improve software, hardware and platform upgrades for audio.
- Maintain an extensive library of older titles making updates where required.
- Research new hardware tools, new additions to the sound library, and new software programs to benefit the audio department.
- Will provide demos to other departments for new functionality, tools or applications.
- Is required to occasionally travel for the purpose of training and research.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with “Pro-Tools” and “Logic”
- Experience with both hardware and software synthesizers.
- Experience with the Windows and Apple operating systems
- Experience recording dialog.
- Experience both in music composition, mixing and creating sound effects.
- Midi composition an asset.
- Mastering knowledge an asset.
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience using the above audio software for entertainment, gaming or related industries.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a team environment.
- Experience in Casino and/or Game Audio is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off