POSITION TITLE: Junior Product Manager
Reports to: Owner
Importance of Position
The Junior Product Manager’s role is to develop and bring new products to market, including creation of sales literature, website presence, and support documentation. The Junior Product Manager’s efforts will serve to enhance the rollout of new products, improve existing products, and grow sales across all product categories.
The Junior Product Manager will work with Betterbee staff and owners to support the entire product lifecycle from initial idea to sale and distribution. Primary duties will include testing of products, writing of product descriptions for web/catalog, configuration of computer system (ERP) and webpages, and writing of user instructions.
The Junior Product Manager’s work will ensure customer satisfaction by producing accurate product descriptions and photographs, and writing clear documentation and instructions for Betterbee’s beekeeping products. The work will also include gathering customer feedback to be incorporate into revisions of products or new creations.
The Junior Product Manager must be self-motivated to complete work assignments, and be able to handle many projects concurrently. A technical background including understanding of technical drawings, simple machinery, electronics, and manufacturing methods will be helpful. Experience in beekeeping will be highly beneficial, although is not required for the right candidate. This position involves both hands-on and office duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as lead resource for product expertise, working directly with customers, sales and support team
- Produce a variety of technical product documentation to include product specs, product descriptions, launch ideas, and product training support for new products.
- Use customer insights to enhance relationships and service via research and market intelligence
- Track and analyze industry trends and competitive activity
- Serve as lead resource for product expertise within the company
- Identify new vendors and manage quotations for manufacturing or purchase of new products
- Use photographs, drawings, videos, animation for sales enhancements
- Gather and develop information to set up items in ERP system and website, including pricing, photos, dimensions, and shipping information
- Set up items in ERP system and website for sale
- Gather feedback from customers and customer testimonials
- Perform product demos to customers
- Learn beekeeping if not already a beekeeper
- The above job description is not intended to be all inclusive but is to serve as a guideline for the job. The employee will be expected to help in other areas of the company as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Education and Training*
Associate’s degree or better in a related field is preferred.
2. Required Work Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in product technical writing, engineering, or product management
- 1-year experience in marketing and or retail experience helpful
- General understanding of website design
- Proficiency in the following software areas is required: Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel; HTML.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues including electronics, mechanical systems, and manufacturing
- Ability to make basic engineering drawings with dimensions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Analytical ability required. Analysis involves gathering research information on products and processing, and evaluating them independently.
4. Work of Others
No supervisory responsibility, but may potentially include some in the future
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be capable of exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally. Use of arm and/or leg motions with exertion greater than sedentary work.
- Mental and visual ability to identify various products and read instructions, gauges, etc. Must be able to do basic math calculations.
- Tasks require standing, sitting, walking, grasping, lifting, twisting, bending, pushing, pulling.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bees can fly up to 20 mph. How long will it take a bee to fly to a luscious looking dandelion 400 yards away, flying at full speed?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply