The Newport Exhibition Group/Newport International Boat Show is looking for an Account Executive to join the team.
Under general supervision, the Account Executive conducts and manages sales activities including the execution of contracts, exhibit space sales, show space organization, customer relations, and related financial performance. Monitors sales in relation to personal and departmental goals. During show times, the account executive is responsible for the execution of show set up in relation to exhibitors.
The Account Executive NEG markets and sells exhibitor space for the Newport International Boat Show, held in September annually. This is an hourly position plus commission. The Account Executive will work 24-32 hours per week supporting the Show Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintaining existing relationships with current and past exhibitors
- Developing new clients through outside sales efforts.
- Coordinating exhibitor set-up (stage in) for all shows.
- Handling all incoming inquiries and leads.
- Conducts sales efforts, sales functions, negotiations, and creations of contracts.
- Assists in the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs; prepares for and attends boat shows, tradeshows, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and promotional opportunities.
- Sells to and maintains contact with existing accounts; promotes positive relations with exhibitors.
- Works with and maintains a contact management database of existing and past exhibitors.
- Work with Partnership Department to identify appropriate sponsors.
- Develop and Sell Internal Sponsorship
- Plan, manage and participate in all sales activity according to agreed strategy.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, and team project activities
- Handles sales process by processing contracts, deposits, and assign exhibit location using CAD software.
- Maintain and update Show Web Portals as required. Suggest changes and or corrections to Portals in order to maintain importance of platform with Exhibitors.
- Maintains accurate and current site plans utilizing a CAD program.
- Stays up to date on industry trends including boat sales, market performance and boat show attendance nationwide.
Newport Restaurant Group is proud to be a 100% Employee-Owned Company. What does it mean to work for a 100% Employee-Owned Company? If you join our team, you’ll not just be an employee – you’ll be eligible to become an employee owner in the company.
Our Company is Proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Employee Discounts and incentives
- Room for Career Advancement
- Employee Ownership Opportunities
Background and Qualifications
To be considered for the position individuals must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and/or three to five years sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with CAD software desired
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of boats and boating industry preferred but not required
Account Executive – Newport Exhibition Group Drive sales for the Newport International Boat Show and join a 100% employee-owned company.