REMC1 provides a variety of services and resources to our member districts, including Internet, network, server, technology consulting, and tech support (SupportNet). This is similar to a commercial MSP (Managed Service Provider), in the educational/municipal/non-profit arena.
REMC provides a variety of services and resources to our member agencies, including Internet, network, server, technology consulting, and tech support (SupportNet).
The System Engineer Support staff are responsible for the REMC1 SupportNet presence inside the member district or customer sites. The IT support technician must be a person who enjoys learning new things, solving problems, and working with people. They must be able to communicate well and interact well with other employees. Personnel will be responsible for troubleshooting issues; documenting problems, solutions, processes and procedures; and providing professional development and technical support for teachers, staff and students. The technician is expected to undertake general tasks which will promote seamless use of the IT infrastructure in the work environment; general maintenance of computers and computer equipment and for resolving identified technical problems; to install, test and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals; to install, test, and repair voip deployments. This support personnel will assist with not only implementing but also fully integrating and embedding technology into the curriculum to the benefit of teaching and learning. The staff will also be an information conduit between the member district and the REMC1 team.
Job Role Requirements
- Work with helpdesk, office engineers, and on-site REMC staff to resolve issues in member agencies while on-site and remotely, and to maintain district networks and services
- Work with district staff to provide professional development and training as needed
- Install, maintain, repair, upgrade and update computers, workstations and other IT equipment hardware and software as directed using best practices, standards, automation and documentation
- Identify problems with and repair VoIP phones, printers, copiers, scanners, projectors, interactive boards, document cameras and other classroom technology
- Install, test and document new software
- Track, prioritize, document, communicate and resolve support requests using the SupportNet helpdesk ticket system
- Work with other SupportNet staff to provide reliable technology services and provide expert technical support to assist other REMC employees
- Accurately document problems, solutions, processes and procedures using the Supportnet ticket system and knowledge base
- Keep current on new and emerging technologies, and regularly share knowledge with colleagues
- Maintain the district’s unified voice communications network as appropriate
- Maintain regular communication with REMC staff, district staff, and administration
Personal and Professional Requirements
- Technical 4-year degree or demonstrated equivalent hands-on experience.
- 5+ years of IT or related experience.
- Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team. This includes FULLY documenting all projects and trouble tickets so others can follow behind and support those projects.
- Demonstrate good personal habits: mature and responsible judgment, honesty, patience, discretion, friendliness, self-initiative, appropriate appearance
- Initiative: Requires the drive to go above and beyond in order to improve or enhance job results as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Requires the ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, individuals or groups, as well as understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives.
- Time Management: Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and manage multiple concurrent tasks is required.
- Continue to grow your knowledge and skill set by investing time in self-paced online courses, vendor competencies/certifications and formal online/classroom instructor-led training. You will be expected to keep current.
- Be ready to assist faculty and staff with IT related problems when called upon, and respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary, plus excellent benefits package
- Opportunities for advancement
- Outstanding work culture
- Business casual dress code.
Physical Demands and Other Necessary Skills and Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach, climb, see, talk, hear, kneel and proficiently operate a computer & various pieces of technology equipment for prolonged periods
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical journals & procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and documentation
- Ability to collaborate well with other staff members
- Ability to understand customer needs and provide quality service
- Ability to set priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, including teachers, administrators, school board members, general public
- Ability to maintain trust, integrity, privacy, and confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, students, staff, administration and the school community
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies
- The position requires occasional irregular or extended work hours
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this position is usually moderate to loud. When visiting a building, the noise level may be loud; in the office, quieter; in a classroom, moderate; and at meetings, moderate.
District Drug/Alcohol Statement
The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the district.
Copper Country Intermediate School District Statement of Assurance of Compliance with Federal Law
The Copper Country Intermediate School District, as an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, complies with applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (collectively, “Protected Classes”), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Questions or concerns regarding the nondiscrimination policies, as well as complaints of unlawful discrimination, retaliation, denial of equal access, or harassment, should be directed to one of the District’s Compliance Officers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $42,950.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are taking precautions and doing additional cleaning in the office while following the local health departments requirements.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Technical support: 5 years (Preferred)
- Windows: 3 years (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location