Position DescriptionDEMAND ANALYST
Responsible for developing monthly customer-item forecasts and analysis in partnership with Sales Director, utilizing consumption models, historical POS, trends, weather data and information from retail partners. Create & analyze weekly POS reports to help identifying POG changes, potential gaps and opportunities. Responsible for collaborating in all aspects of inventory management. Partnering with supply chain to ensure proper inventory levels & prevent any product shortages.
Reports To: Sales Director
- Prepare & analyze weekly customer POS reports and then using this data to communicate trends and key drivers within each customer’s respective business to the organization.
- Responsible for metrics such as but not limited to: forecast accuracy, sales, inventory levels, gross margin, fill rate & inventory turn.
- Manage in partnership with sales Director, each individual customers business. Using POS & other data to drive key decisions in regard to sales, inventory, promotions, etc.
- Accurately forecast product needs by customer/item on a monthly basis. Using POS data when available to develop a consumption model based forecast for each retailer.
- Establish and maintain direct personal relationships with targeted existing and potential account decision-makers – buyers, replenishment managers, etc. Influence business based on fact based analysis & recommendations.
- Utilize statistical models, weather trend data and modeling to formulate data used in decision making
- Provide leadership with regards to fostering a positive, team-oriented culture.
- Provide regular, factual market feedback to product managers and marketing department.
- Coordinate with purchasing team on monthly forecast submissions.
- Prepare and analyze any ad-hoc requests or projects.
- Develop in partnership with sales, a bottoms up annual sales budget by customer by item by month.
- Support and reinforce division’s customer service objectives.
- Lead collaborative planning sessions with sales team.
- Continually promote open lines of communication within all departments.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Meet weekly with operations team to properly plan for inventory flow & identify any potential supply chain issues.
- Create and maintain item info for customers within both data sync system & customer portals.
- Develop & implement sales and inventory plan by account to effectively manage inventory, maximize customer service levels, drive inventory efficiencies, and ensure forecasts and planning parameters are in sync.
- Prepare reports for & participate in monthly, quarterly and annual Top to Top meetings.
- Limited Travel (Less than 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- 2-5 years of experience in forecast analysis
- Basic understanding of Sales, Inventory Monitoring and Production
- Ability to apply advanced statistical analysis
- Ability to analyze & identify potential opportunities & risk with the business.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel
- Retail analyst experience
- Familiar with Home Depot Systems and reporting
- Consumption model based forecasting experience
- SAP (GIB) & BI (Business Intelligence) experience
- SIOP experience
- Supply Chain Background
- Advanced Excel Knowledge
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year