Base Pay: 14 to 18 per hour to start
Employee Type: Part Time to Full time
Manages Others: Possibly
Job Type: Data Entry Analyst / Inputter
Required Educ: N/A
Required Experience: Experience preferred but willing to train right person
Location: Harrington Park, NJ
Hours: M-F 9-5
Benefits: Full time employee’s eligible
- excellent memory is imperative
- independent thinker
- problem solver who is good at ‘puzzles’
- extremely detailed oriented
- leadership skills a plus
- goal oriented
- We are looking for long term staff members. The training is a 6-month process so someone who is looking for short-term work need not apply.
- Problem identification is of the utmost importance as well as the ability to create plans of action to correct the problem going forward.
- The best individual for this job should be capable of applying daily what was learned in the office the previous day.
Healthcare providers are in business to treat patients, not worry about the administrative aspects of running their office. Our mission has been and continues to be that a provider working with our office is able to do just that. The confidence they have in the job we do allows the healthcare provider to focus on their patients and building their practice. Therefore, we do not compromise the quality of our work. We are looking to add highly motivated team members with that same philosophy.
Team members are trained to excel in the following areas:
- Evaluation of services billed by provider in relation to the insurance carrier responsible
- Understanding CPT coding vs. ICD9 coding
- Knowledge of covered services vs. non covered services per provider / per insurance carrier
- Identifying proper use of modifiers
- Applying full understanding of how insurance works to be proactive and deter potential billing scenarios that could result in denial EOBs.
- Proper evaluation of insurance payments for accuracy
- Full understanding of patients coverage’s and benefits
- Full understanding of par vs. non par and how that affects both billing procedures & claims payment
- Effective communication between data entry specialist and providers office including weekly lists that include information needed, and specific instructions that are to be carried out properly
- Generating of statements to patients for uncollected balances
- Reprinting of claims with required supporting documentation
- Proper charting of certain issues into patient accounts for use by other staff members
- Use procedures and protocols learned from one practice to another
- Maintaining accurate records in medical management software
- Basic use of Microsoft Word and minimal excel
Job Type: Full-time