The housekeeper will clean and service Iowa Wesleyan University buildings to ensure the safety, health and morale of students, employees, and visitors by helping provide a clean, attractive, safe environment. This position is under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, and damp mop floors.
- Collect and transport refuse, clean and reline refuse containers with plastic bags.
- Clean tops of windows, door frames, and other high places.
- Wash sinks and other plumbing fixtures and replace disposables such as paper towels, soap, and toilet paper.
- Dust, clean, and polish furniture.
- Utilize detergents, disinfectants, polishes, finishes, etc.
- Move furniture and equipment as required.
- Treat each student, visitor, and employee with courtesy.
- Other jobs functions as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $9.00 /hour
- housekeeping / custodial: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused