Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific (SSC Pacific) The Command and Intelligence Systems Division within the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, San Diego (SPAWARSYSCEN) provides systems engineering, development, integration, test, and life-cycle support for a wide range of Navy, Joint, and National Command Control Communications Computer and Intelligence (C4I) systems. SSC Pacific is tasked to provide engineering support for the Tactical Signals Intelligence/Information Operations (SIGINT/IO) Technology, Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N). DGCS-N provides the Navy's primary Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Targeting (ISR&T) support capability. Afloat (CVN, LHA, LHD, LCC) or Ashore (MHQ /MOC), DCGS-N's tools are critical to the Operational Commander's battle-space awareness and Net-Centric operations. Users equipped with DCGS-N will identify, locate, and confirm targets through multi-source intelligence feeds and update enemy track locations and provide situational awareness to the Joint Force Maritime Component Commander by processing date drawn from available sensors.
SRC is looking for a highly motivated candidate to provide software development and human systems integration support to the DCGS-N Increment 2 development team. A successful candidate will:
- Develop software solutions in support of system integration, capability enhancements, and system improvements
- Perform Human Systems Integration (HIS) testing
- Evaluate visualization applications and packages
- Develop integration strategies for DCGS-N Inc 2 integration
- Ensure delivered software meets HSI standards
- Interact with other HSI related groups and efforts
- Conduct visualization demonstrations
- Participate in visualization workshops and training sessions in support of FCR 1 and 2
- Participate in meetings, working groups, and technical discussions, including professional seminars and conferences associated with the work performed in this project
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams used to increase knowledge and understanding of the technical requirements for the research, development, integration, test/experimentation and ultimately, end products to the user
- Provide planning for acquisition including preparation of regulatory and statutory acquisition documentation
- Provide project briefing materials upon request
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- At least 5 years' of experience programming with Java or related language
- Possesses the initiative to identify, communicate, and solve problems with a multitude of team members and government sponsors, as well as provide accurate input to plans and schedules
- Self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; is open to new ideas, and is a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, dynamic, and complex organization
- Possesses personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgement and accountability
- At least 8 years' of experience providing technical support to the C4ISR community
- An active TS/SCI clearance with current SSBI
- Master's degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Experience designing and implementing interfaces for Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS), Integrated Broadcast Service, and/or the Global Command and Control System (GCCS)
- Software engineering experience with intelligence exploitation systems
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TS/SCI CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled