Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineer (JoinOCI-CustomerOps)-18000WX2
Oracle Public Cloud Infrastructure Operations – Systems Engineering
Are you interested in delivering large-scale, high performance, fault tolerant solutions? Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure team is building a next generation Infrastructure-as-a-Service that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, and operate at cloud scale to provide a secure, distributed multi-tenant cloud environment.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Our team designs, engineers and operates the security for our premier cloud services. We are reimagining the traditional enterprise thinking of security and creating an environment suitable for the most demanding and security conscience customers with our new large scale distributed services. This team is here to protect the customers, protect our cloud and make sure it best of breed.We are looking for strong systems engineers to take on the challenge of engineering infrastructure solutions for scale and performance while providing strong guarantees of availability to our customers. Your team will have diverse expertise in systems, networking, and software development to provide the stability, performance and reliability our customers need. You will build tools to address hard operational problems while enabling our service developers to remain agile and deliver feature changes. You will deliver the solutions that directly contribute to our customer’s success.
Come deliver the cloud with the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure SRE team!
- Proficient with Python, Ruby, Perl, or Java
- Deep knowledge of Networking Services (TCP and UDP based, DNS, DHCP)
Familiar with datacenter network routing protocols
- Deep knowledge of Linux and host based networking
- Expert Linux performance and stability troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, etc.
- 5+ years of systems administration on 2000+ server environments
- 2+ years managing host virtualization technologies (KVM, Containers, Docker, etc)
- B.S. or better in Computer Science or other engineering disciplines
- Proficient in coding complex systems using Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++
- Deep knowledge of Linux internals and host based networking
- Deep focus on building secure Internet facing systems in hostile environments
- Familiar with Internet and datacenter network routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Experience with devising, managing, and extending monitoring solutions for large scale environments
- 5+ years of systems administration on 20000+ server environments
- 3+ years of experience in production software development with Agile methodologies
- 3+ years managing host, network, or storage virtualization technologies
- Expert troubleshooting skills
Expert fleet automation and management solutions
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.