CHANTILLY HQ, VA - Chantilly, VA
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen and hold a current Top Secret clearance
FCI has an immediate opening for a full-time Capture Manager at their Chantilly HQ. The Capture Manager devises a strategy for searching out promising new business opportunities and clients, and turning those opportunities into new business for the company.
The essential functions of the Capture Manager include but are not limited to:
- Establishes and builds relationships with prospective and existing Federal Government clients.
- Develops a plan for making regular contact with prospective Federal Government client targets.
- Studies key competitors.
- Communicates capture strategy to the BD team and makes sure it is implemented effectively.
- Assigns specific duties to the team members.
- Communicates expectations and responsibilities to each member of the team.
- Recruits subcontractors to help the company successfully bid on projects.
- Coordinates the bidding and proposal process.
- Conducts research and uses information compiled by the staff to determine the best price and the best slate of services for the bid.
- Meets with prospective customers to answer questions and discuss a possible contract.
- Expands the client base while maintaining existing clients.
- Understands every aspect of a business opportunity including the scope of the project, how many resources will be needed, the impact on schedules, competitive pricing and budget concerns.
- Prepares B&P budget and forecasts.
- Answers questions in the proposal and is involved in every phase.
- Holds meetings to ensure the work on the proposal is moving forward quickly enough to meet the deadline.
- Integrates the efforts of planning/engineering staff with proposal staff, and of proposal staff with production staff.
- Works with proposal managers to ensure that a best in class proposal is submitted to the prospective client.
- Prepares status reports and briefings for higher level management.
- Documents all proposal lessons learned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to cope with high stress situations and tight deadlines.
- Must be able to travel to client sites frequently.
- Must be able to work long hours and meet with clients and prospective clients in social settings.
- Delivering the win.
- Capture plan preparation.
- Status updates.
- Draft teaming agreements.
- Meeting minutes.
- Proposal sections
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Must have experience capturing accounts.
- Must have exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Must have superior organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be an expert decision-maker with sound judgment.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a strong public speaker.
- Excellent analytical skills are essential.
- Must be a good delegator and a good multi-tasker.
- Must have strong negotiating skills.
- Must have exceptional computer skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Finance, Marketing, Management or a related field.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Management.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional or PMP.
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA designation.
- Experience as a member of a capture team.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (EOE/AA M/F/D/V/SO/GI)